• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

am i feeding him too much?

mum to Amos

Young Bun
I give amos a small bowl of veggies in the morning then give him a very small handful of excel pellets about 5 or 6 then i give him another small bowl of veggies before bed. is this too much? he also has access to timothy hay all day

I don't think there is anything wrong with what your doing. So long as your bunny isn't overweight and he eats plenty of hay then I think you have nothing to worry about.
Helen xx

Sounds fine to me. Just be wary of too much carrot as it can be quite high in sugar. I generally feed a small bowl of veg in the morning, pick some grass, plaintain and dandelions in the afternoon and then a small amount of pellets in the evening.

Small bowl?

Hi, might sound like a silly question - but how big is a small bowl?

I just adopted two lovely bunnies last week from the RSPCA. It sounds like I've feeding what everyone suggests, but I have a feeling they are eating more greens than that. They can't get enough! Still eating lot of hay though and I don't give them much sugary stuff.

Thanks!

Hi, might sound like a silly question - but how big is a small bowl?

I just adopted two lovely bunnies last week from the RSPCA. It sounds like I've feeding what everyone suggests, but I have a feeling they are eating more greens than that. They can't get enough! Still eating lot of hay though and I don't give them much sugary stuff.

Thanks!

If their poos are nice and hard, and they arent getting excess soft poos (sorry cant spell the correct name, the ones they eat), and like you say they are eating lots of hay, then i dont think theres a problem. You get to know your bun, i have one bun that can have LOTS of veg and still eat hay and poos are fine, but one that has to have no more than a handfull a day without getting runny poos.

Sorry i cant help you with the small bowl exactly, but to me a small bowl would be a "rabbit" cermaic bowl filled to about a 1/3rd high, id call medium 2/3rds and large the full bowl. But thats just me, it depends what other people class as small. hope that helps

Back