• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Horses!

Crazyt123

Alpha Buck
:wave: On a kitty forum im on there was thread started about horses and what you do with them and what not.And it got me wondering bout yall on here! I know there are riders on here and im sure some would love to share about yalls life with them.

Ill start!

I have always loved horses and always wanted to ride bu
I got a late start I started riding when i was 12/13 and am now16 going on 17

I love horses always have .Riding is like nothing else.When im riding I feel soo free and all my worries melt away(i know i sound cheesy).I ride Pleasure and traila nd did some pole bending.Sadly I had to sell my horse when I moved and have not been able to afford riding lessons or anything.

I learned to ride on Arabians and Love the breed.Before oi was ever aloud to use a saddle I was taught how to ride bareback.My first horse was a Retired Endurence Arab.The best horse ever.Sadly he coliced befor i even ahd him fro a full year

His Name was reg name was Ba Polka but his barn name was Bandite

x-mass2004170.jpg

Hahah we have the same expersion!
Washingtonmoldpics210.jpg

I loved him so much
Washingtonmoldpics150.jpg

:luv

Washingtonmoldpics223.jpg

and then I got Grits my pretty paint.After Badnite died my parents were afraid that i would give up riding.My parents found and got me grits the day after.I wasnt very happy about it but i loved him the same.

He was green when I got him but eventualy I got him behaved.HE had the smoothest lope and trot.I could easliy sit his trot.His reg name was Grits N gravey :lol: barn name Grits

Such a Pretty boy
3b9dd554.jpg

MeganBandit008.jpg

pics007.jpg

I love his coloring

MeganBandit005.jpg

familyphotos018.jpg

GRITSPICS009.jpg

11.jpg

Sadley we went through hard times and I had to sell him.But i was able to usemy friends horse McQue for a while.I loved this horse even though he trew me hahaaha.
I was just drawn to him for some reason.

MCue017.jpg

MCue003.jpg

MCue004.jpg

MCue077.jpg

Here we were warming up for a competion( i know my conformation sucks I was having a bad daynot with riding just with life)

MCue074.jpg

MCue073.jpg

MCue072.jpg

MCue026.jpg

MCue046.jpg

such lovely horses
i have only really been riding for a year and i love it
definately no plans for one of my own, but definately gaining an appreciation of them
i've only ever ridden in Australia and New Zealand though, mustering cattle, so i ride like a cowboy and tend to scare people over here! The horses usually have a lot of fun with me though!

such lovely horses
i have only really been riding for a year and i love it
definately no plans for one of my own, but definately gaining an appreciation of them
i've only ever ridden in Australia and New Zealand though, mustering cattle, so i ride like a cowboy and tend to scare people over here! The horses usually have a lot of fun with me though!

Thats neat ! So you do cattle herding and what not?

I to ride like a cowboy XD But its common here :lol:

Thats neat ! So you do cattle herding and what not?

I to ride like a cowboy XD But its common here :lol:

Yeah, did that for a whole year, it was awesome - plan to go back after vet school.....
Yeah its not quite the same as American cowboy but very similar, and definately a more comfy way to ride than European!

Ive had horses since I was very little, been riding properly since i was about 4. Ive got a little palomino Welsh sec B who's 15 now, ive had him from birth. He's such a mummy's boy too, he doesnt like anyone else riding him! I havent done much with him this year, normally he's out at shows and jumping. Ill try and get some pics of him later, all mine are on the other computer.

aw your horses are gorgeous so sorry you had to give up grits must have been hard for you. unfortanetly i've never been able to afford a horse of my own but have been riding since i a was 11 with a two year break when i was 16-18. i'm actually away riding tonight. i used to ride once every week but now it's ever other week, just with the credit crunch and all. i love Arabians to their my favourite horse to draw and paint. well maybe some day i'll have my own horse or pony.

my baby Jewels - loved people, hated other horses!
101_3656.jpg

101_3740.jpg

104_4082.jpg

Mustering in NSW, Australia

104_4326.jpg

100_1548.jpg

104_3876.jpg

104_3882.jpg

104_4237.jpg

104_4246.jpg

Swimming with the horses after work
104_4210.jpg

Awww lovely piccies!!! Ive grown up with horses, my dad and brother are farriers, my mum had a saddlery shop when i was little and after taught carriage driving. We had 7 welsh cobs before mum got ill, we have 2 now, a stallion called prince and my old boy tommy, my mare is out on loan along with my sisters retired sec B. I also ride a thoroughbredxwelshxnew forest twice a week called winston, i dont own him but im very good friends with his elderly owner and will ride him for as long as i can, we have great fun riding through the new forest jumping logs and galloping across greens :) (see my youtube link bottom of siggie :)

I'd love to ride proper western, the arabs you have over there are just stunning.

This our Prince
ABCD0013-1.jpg

prince2.jpg

Tommy
tommy.jpg

tommyhead.jpg

And Winston
ABCD0015.jpg

ABCD0003.jpg

beauty.jpg

go.jpg

Last edited:
I started riding really late, I was 22:oops::oops: I have been horse crazy since about 4 but couldn't afford lessons and so decided to spend my student loan on horses in my last year of uni.

Since then I have worked as a groom and trainee instructor in a riding school and had a horse on loan...an ex polo Pony called Charmer. Unfortunately I left the yard on not the best terms and found out later that Charmer had been PTS and the yard manager had told everyone that I wasn't to be told :(

Horses are amazing creatures and although I ride rarely atm I still plan to own my own some day.

I have been swimming with horses, galloped on a beach and ridden western whilst on holidays and agree that western is easier than english...well at least trail riding is :)

Ok, im going to attempt to post some pics of my pony......
He's only 12.3hh because im small and he's quite a handful so I wouldnt want bigger. He's 15 this year, bred by my nan and all the work since then has been me. He's my baby :love: and when he's in the right mood shows well and jumps up to 4ft courses with hardly anything beating him against the clock. He can be very very strong though, although this year he seems to have really clicked with the dressage and is becoming more responsive. Only 10 years of working at it!

Pic of him at the beginning of summer a couple of years back, he's looking a bit better now, darker palomino and a better shape.
Taffshow.jpg

He was very young in this one, must be about 8 years ago.
taff2.jpg

I have been riding properly since I was about 4 but my mum has had horses all her life. I got my first pony of my own when I was about 7. Atm I only have 1, a section C called Danny. I ride someone elses show pony every day aswell though and I take both of them to shows. :)

This is Danny
Danny2.jpg

This is Angel, the show pony (doesnt belong to me)
FOCsavedproperlyx.jpg

This is Stormy, I have just sold him :cry: To a lovely home though.
StormUKshowingchampion.jpg

This is storm again
StormPoniesUKWinterChamps.jpg

Hope you liked :wave:

Last edited:
Back