• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help Quickly Please

Aimee84

Warren Scout
Hiya,
I've got nother thread about Oscar being treated for EC, he seemed much better yesterday after starting the meds on Friday, today he's much worse can't walk at all and getting stressed how long does it take for them to pick up or should this be the time to call the vet!

Any help please!

He's actually staying with my mum atm about 150miles away from me as i'm going on holiday later this week and now feel so helpless.

Symptoms can remit and relapse during treatment. Is he on anti-inflammatories aswell as Panacur ?
Is he eating and drinking pooing and weeing ?

Hi,
Thanks for replying so quick!
He's on Metacam (Ihave another post about the dosage of metacam) and panacur and has been on those since Friday.

How long does it take until you see an improvement?

Thanks

Sorry he's eating his hay and fruit and veg not his pellets tho and drinking fine. There are poo's and wees too.

Unfortunately with EC it can take some time to see an improvement-we're talking weeks rather than days and as Jane says relapses can occur.My parents had an EC bun in their foster group,never having looked after one before they were thinking of PTS [after discussion with the vet:shock::shock:] I had to persuade them to keep going [and persuade the vet to give her anti-inflammatories] Its often 1 step forwards and 2 steps back with this condition,Jamie is now their housebunny,she appears quite happy although she has been left with a marked tilt.Good luck

Back