• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Insurance?

kgattrell

Alpha Buck
Just wondered what people thought of rabbit insurance is it worth it when they won't cover spaying, neutering, dental problems etc..

I thought dental cover would be the most important cover to have ?

it depends how many rabbits you have. if you have more than 4 sometimes its better to save up some money instead, but yes i do think it is worth it.

My bunny got an abcess in his hock and unfortnatly he is still battling with it and to date it has cost £900+ and we have pet insurance. I would recommend it as vet bills can soar if you need tests, x rays, ops and stuff.

They wouldnt cover spaying because thats not an illness or injury, pet insurance isnt for that sort of thing.

I have some vouchers for 2 months free so PM me if you would like one and i can post it out to you x

Petplan has just sent me a cheque for 'annorexia' after her dental. I know they don't cover everything but i would say it's worth having just in case.

I've got a two months free voucher also if anyone wants it.

i thought they covered dental stuff as long as you had their teeth checked once yearly?

regardless, it's important to either have insurance or a massive savings fund. if your rabbit looks poorly and needs blood tests, that's £80 straight off, not to mention the £100s for treatment...and there's a lot of thigns that can go wrong except dental stuff. ;)

I'd say 100% get it!!!! Stew is only 4 months old and today her vet bill came to £300...and is ongoing, covered by a £50 excess with petplan, i'm so glad i got it now!!!

I have it for mine now and I think it's worth it. One of my bridge bunnies cost me n excess of £700 in less than 4 months. I don't begrudge it but it would have been a lot cheaper of I'd have had insurance.

My last rabbit cost me just over £200 for treatment before i lost him and i was lucky that i had savings to pay for it but next time when i get 2 rabbits i will make sure i have insurance. i dont mind paying for jabs and dental stuff as its part and parcel of having a rabbit but if something else goes wrong then im sure it would be well worth it.

Mine haven't got it because it's easier for us to just pay the vet and we can afford to pay it. Molly has a pre-existing condition anyway, so there's little point in insuring now.

We have it now for our two, but Parsley my bridge bun cost me almost £1000 in less than 6 months (credit card I'm afraid). Also our vet has a direct debit scheme whereby we pay £4.89 per bun a month and this covers all vacs (myxi 6 monthly), panacur 6 monthly and 6 monthly health checks. As it cost me £25 each last week for the myxi, panacur and check up it should pay for itself without us laying out large amounts all at once :)

Can anyone recommend good insurance companies. It will be for 2 bunnies

theres only two, and one doesnt cover for life so i would always recommend pet plan, they cover for life so as long as you keep renewing the policy the condition will always be covered :)

if you would like a voucher for 2 months free with pet plan just let me know and ill post it to you x

I got a quote from Pet Plan today for Bramble. Would be about £10 a month. After a large vet bill yesterday, I think we might be taking some out!

Can anyone recommend good insurance companies. It will be for 2 bunnies

I am with petplan. I have never claimed, but my mum did with her cat just a couple of weeks ago and they have been really good. She would have been :censored: if she hadn't insured him because she would never have been able to afford the treatment he has had, her savings wouldn't have even covered it

I have three of my buns insured, one wouldn't have been covered for much at all so I am keeping my vet bill savings account and credit cards for him just incase. I think I pay about £19 a month for the three of them. For the few things they might not cover there is still loads they do cover. Dentals are common with bunnies but there are so many other things they could need treatment for. I would advise insuring them to be honest just for peace of mind because you never know what's going to happen or how many you will have ill at the same time, I have just started a new bill for a few hundred already in the last couple of hours with one of my rats and that was quite unexpected so I think it is worth it if you aren't able to pay large bills because you never know when they are going to become ill

I handed my form into the vets and got a cheque two weeks later so Petplan are quite quick to hand over the readies which is good:)

If you couldn't afford to spend a few hundred pounds or more on your rabbits then you need insurance.

Petplan has just sent me a cheque for 'annorexia' after her dental. I know they don't cover everything but i would say it's worth having just in case.

I've got a two months free voucher also if anyone wants it.

Hi there could i have one please been looking into which insurer to go with after reading this i am going with petplan

Hi there could i have one please been looking into which insurer to go with after reading this i am going with petplan

someone else has just asked but i would rather give it to someone who would carry it on after the 2 months free bcus then pet plan send me a voucher too it wins all round, so ill just see if this person is going to carry it on!

If they werent planning too, ill send you a PM :)

funny i offered these aggges ago and nobody wanted them :lol::lol:

someone else has just asked but i would rather give it to someone who would carry it on after the 2 months free bcus then pet plan send me a voucher too it wins all round, so ill just see if this person is going to carry it on!

If they werent planning too, ill send you a PM :)

funny i offered these aggges ago and nobody wanted them :lol::lol:

No probs i've only had my bunnys a month so did'nt see it thanks anyway..

Back