• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch refurbishments!

PrincessPinky

Mama Doe
Hi :wave:

I have finally re-furbished Flopsy and Peter's hutch.

Basically i needed a cheaper and healthy option that wood shavings!

So i brought those square lino floor tiles from poundland and stuck them all down. At first Peter was slipping all over the place and i was like :censored: maybe it was not a good idea!

Then i added there litter tray and hay tray and there bed and also a towel to snuggle up on. They seemed to love it! not slipping or anything! was brill.
Went to fill there hay tray up this morning and to check on them! They looked fine!

Only thing is they keep using there plastic bed as a litter tray! :shock::roll:

Also what do you guys use in your litter trays? Can you just use cat litter?

Thanks

Lauren

ALSO - BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO ADVISED ME ON PREVIOUS POSTS ABOUT THE LINO FLOORING!!!

i use auboise and hay, it saves me a lot of money i was buying a wood based cat litter, i think u can`t use clumping cat litters.:)

I'm moving mine onto megazorb at the moment. If you're going to use a cat litter it needs to be paper or wood based and non clumping. Dust free would be good too.

Back