• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Joining Hutches?

happybunny22000

Warren Veteran
Has anyone tried ....joining hutches

I ahve whiskeys hutch and run, and if all goes well with the second I will be getting a second set upn (been looking at the happy hutches) to house her till they can be bonded, if all goes well, I will have two medium set ups so was looking can anyone tell me of they ahve tried or have had any ideas how to join them together?

Hubby joined two 4ft hutches together to make an 8ft one, he removed the end off of each hutch and then put a thicker piece of wood between them above 2ft to the top before bolting it together. This gave them 8ft of space to hop along in and 4ft of head room apart from at the join. One of our customers has done the same only they have used a short pipe running between each hutch. A few people on here saw the hutch we'd done, but dont think I've still got a pic of it and we no longer have the hutch.

I was given 4 new 4ft hutches a while back and we joined them up very easily, We also made them 2 ways of getting back upstairs, my big buns love staying in there.

I did this once- made holes in the side of each and made a little tunnel with piping.

Makes it tricky to move though.

Just be careful with the piping that it is not too long. A poorly bun may snuggle inside the pipe to keep warm and safe. You need to make sure the pipe can be accessed easily to be able to get any hiding animals out of but also for cleaning:D

Back