• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ideas for large diameter tunnels?

gemmam

Alpha Buck
I have a couple of chubes and also the green extending tunnel thing. The green one is a good length but because it's corrugated, not that easy to clean and is too small for my giant. Has anyone found anything that's a bigger size and easy to clean? I keep looking at piping in diy stores etc but not found anything suitable.

My first suggestion would have been PVC pipes, but it sounds like you've explored that option.

Is it possible to make one yourself? Buy some flexible plastic that's durable, and then staple gun it together or something? Or if the tunnel can be square instead of circular, you could build something out of wood yourself. A few nails and you'd be in good shape!

Only other thing I can think of is those large concrete tunnels used for sewage and stuff. :shock: Probably expensive and hard to get a hold of, but could be a very interesting addition! :lol:

I think some people use the play tunnels for children, or how about one of those pop up laundry baskets and just take the bottom out of it:D

Get a plastic beer barrel and saw the end off. They are about £10, 2' tall and 1' diameter. You can use normal buckets but they are a bit shorter and have sloped side so rock more.

IMG_1056b.jpg

IMG_1057b.jpg

That's an average size bunny, but plenty of room for a giant.

I have this problem too with my Ronnie :? I did buy him one of the kids play tunnels from Argos, but it can only be for supervised play as theres metal bits in it. Another bargain i got him was a little tikes activity cube for £10, its got various places for him to hide and go in and out of etc :) If you have the room id suggest that :thumb:

Thanks for the ideas everyone, Tamsin yours is great, will keep my eyes open. We have children's ones (for the children!) and the bunnies do go in those, as well as in my children's activity centre/playhouse thing. I was looking for something to go in their shed rather than in the garden, and ideally something easily cleaned not fabric as they do tend to wee/poo on anything that isn't hard plastic!

Back