• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My gummy bunny needs a friend....

BunMom

Alpha Buck
....and I was wondering if there were any special considerations to make when choosing a wife-bun for him. Does she need to be a baby or incisorless also? He is a free range house rabbit and very tidy with his litterbox habits. I love him and don't want him to be lonely. He is such a sweetie:love: I really couldn't think of anything, but I wanted to double check with those of you who have more experience with bonding gummy bunnies. For some reason, I am really nervous about bonding him. I am an over-protective mom:oops:

He is a loverly boy
100_0618_00.jpg

He is a sweetie :love:
Best advice I can give is to keep an open mind about the type of bunny you get. Take him along to the rescue and let him choose. It makes for an easier bond, usually :)

After Jess lost her teeth we bonded her with 2 long haired buns, a male and a female ( all neutered)- no problems. I would say it depends on personality rather than physical ability.
Oh and Jess also has only one eye!:shock:

Thanks for the input! I just want him to be happy. I like the idea of letting him choose. It would be hard to go wrong if he picked out his own girlfriend.:love:

As lilbun says keep an open mind & let your little fella pick a wifey himself :) BTW he's gorgeous :love:

We've got Arthur a gummy bunny, who was living with his wife Betsy but after an op to remove an abcess I had to split them as she kept attacking him & it made him nervous, as he had no teeth to defend himself.

However, we also had Alfie a gummy bunny, who was a small black bun - he lived with Jemima, our british giant who had her front teeth (both bridge buns now). They both adored each other & we're completely smitten. So I think really it does depend on your bun & who he choses :)

Thank you:D Now, to find a rescue with several single girls who would be willing to do speed dating.:love:

There are times when I wish I had taken that option before choosing my OH:lol:

Back