• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you put in your hutch?

Rosey

Young Bun
Hi :)

Hope I have posted in the right place. Sorry if it seems a silly question but... what do you put into your rabbits home? We brought George a new cage today, 2 story and its massive, he can run around inside stand up and even jump around, he also has a split level area upstairs with a snug underneath, I think I was more excited than George over it lol :p
Although it did take hubby hours to put it all together lol

In his old, smaller hutch he had his bedding area and just a small area beside that, and we used to just put some newspaper, sawdust, straw.

In his new one we got some of that sticky back cupboard door cover for the wood floors, I thought it would be much easier to clean for him, I have put his favorite blanket on the split level, but its such a large area to cover in this new cage, so to get to my question, do you cover the floors or any particular areas of the hutch? What do you use or what is best? he had his hay bales on the doors and his water bottle upstairs and water and food bowl down, but it looks to empy in there, so any suggestions to make his new cage more a home would be appriciated :) I am also on the look out for some new rabbit toys for him, any ideas?

Thanks

Rosey & George

When Alfie and Bubbles were in a hutch, I left all the floors bare but just had a litter tray up each end. They had a little plastic step stool to sit on/hide under and they love cardboard boxes and an old phone book to dig/scratch at and rip with their teeth. :):)

Back