• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit breeders belfast or northern ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortii.bbz

Warren Scout
i know i will probably get alot of hate mail for mentioning breeders ... but anyway im looking for a breeder in belfast or near belfast any help

What breed are you looking for :? Is there a reason your wanting to buy from a breeder and not use a rescue :) xXx

i breed dutch rabbits and was looking for a mini lop .. i do have a lot of rescued rabbits as well but i breed as a hobby (more hate)

i would like to a female to breed with my male milo ..

jst before i get people going on at me i have 15 rescue rabbits all neutered and well looked after!

Your comments seem to almost be goading people to argue with you about why you want to buy a rabbit.

If you genuinely want to find a breeder just wait for someone to come along with the answer you want rather than keep bringing up the fact you know people are going to critisise you for it.

Keep this thread on topic and it won't be locked.

because i like the breed and i also want to take up rabbit showing .. my baby rabbits are sold on day one and their future owners are made to wait 9 weeks which cuts out spontaneous buying i also sell indoor cages and take back any rabbit that isn't wanted i keep in touch with my buyers for advice and to help i even go to the homes to drop of the rabbit to make sure that the home is suitable and have turned down 3 in the last 2 months cause the cages were too small or the other animals weren't looked after i volunteer as a dog walker at my local shelter which hardly ever has rabbits their is only 1 at the moment i really dont want to get into the whole rescue breeder conversation so if anyone would like to help me find a breeder that would be great

unfortunately for you :roll: this is a forum full of people who help and rescue bunnies so i doubt very much weather you,ll find an answer here:D

because i like the breed and i also want to take up rabbit showing .. my baby rabbits are sold on day one and their future owners are made to wait 9 weeks which cuts out spontaneous buying i also sell indoor cages and take back any rabbit that isn't wanted i keep in touch with my buyers for advice and to help i even go to the homes to drop of the rabbit to make sure that the home is suitable and have turned down 3 in the last 2 months cause the cages were too small or the other animals weren't looked after i volunteer as a dog walker at my local shelter which hardly ever has rabbits their is only 1 at the moment i really dont want to get into the whole rescue breeder conversation so if anyone would like to help me find a breeder that would be great

As you know, this forum is very pro-rescue. This isn't the best place to find a breeder, so maybe google some places near you to avoid any conflict here.

I found this advice from http://www.rabbit-breeders.co.uk

A good place to meet rabbit breeders is through rabbit clubs or the rabbit shows that they organise. It doesn't guarantee that you won't come across a bad breeder but it reduces the risk. Having said that I would still go and visit their shed before you buy if at all possible. If you are serious about breeding or showing rabbits then you'd be daft not to.

They have some links on the site to help you find those clubs and shows that could direct you towards breeders. But they also strongly warn that not all breeders are good breeders, and you should thoroughly research where your rabbit is coming from. They also encourage you to check rescues first. I was actually quite pleased with some of the things on this site.

Probably best to start there, as this thread won't do too well here. Best of luck.

two of mine are from a breeder in N.I which my nan knows, however she just breeds nethies, lionheads and lops. what rescue did you get your other buns from?

Mini Lop Breeders in Northern Ireland

Hi, I too live in Northern Ireland and have had difficulty finding reputable breeders. I have often visited individuals advertising mini-lops only to find that they are selling Netherlands! Anyway the last minilops I bought were from a lady in Loughgall - Mandalay Kennels, I spoke to her just 2 days ago and she has mini lops at present, they wont be ready for homing for a number of weeks. Hope this helps.;)
Let me know if you would like her contact details.

I am curious to know why you breed. Its a genuine question.

I feel a bit confused by you breeding and having rescue buns. Surely if you have 15 rescues you understand the problems with breeding. It doesnt make any sense to me.:?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back