• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding my four together ... pictures - post #19

happypreso

Alpha Buck
Decided to take the plunge and bond my four together today. All is going well, here is a photo!

http://s396.photobucket.com/albums/pp47/happypreso/?action=view&current=SNV39340.jpg

Edit: Update 21.47
what shall I do? Bugsy (the dad) is being a right meany towards the other bunnies inc Star (his partner) although he is licking Star inbetween chasing her and the other two.

It is getting late now and I dont know if I should seperate them so I know they are all okay overnight or leave them together? There is lots of chasing and Bugs has pulled some fur from Holly but nothing else.

any advise anyone?

Edit: Mon 6.41am
well I left them together all night and have been up half of the night to keep checking them but all is well. They seem fine together :D

Do you think it is too soon to let them have a run of the garden this afternoon? (please bear in mind that all 4 have be able to smell/hear/touch each other through bars for months!).

Update: mon 13.48
I let them all out in the garden and they are all fine. Picture link on post #19.

Last edited:
I can see how you spend your days, how long do they take to groom!

they look very relaxed together, like they have always been together.

Have they been together in somewhere neutral?....fur pulling and chasing is all part of sorting out who will be the dominant bunny....from your pic I presume they are outside?...do you have a dog crate or puppy pen or something similar where they could all be indoors within earshot overnight?

I think if you separate them you will be undoing the work you have already done. I agree if you can try and bond them indoors it will be better so you do know what is going on incase a bad fight breaks out.

Have they been together in somewhere neutral?....fur pulling and chasing is all part of sorting out who will be the dominant bunny....from your pic I presume they are outside?...do you have a dog crate or puppy pen or something similar where they could all be indoors within earshot overnight?

The bun's are outside bunnies and I dont have a dog crate/puppy pen (only cat carriers) and there is no way that I could keep them in overnight as Hubby wouldn't let me (he already has gone to bed with the hump as I have told him I have to stay up with the bunnies!).

They all share the garden so I have cornered off one of the runs (to reduce the space down) and generally they have been fine (as you can see from the picture!) ... I know they need to do a bit of chasing etc but it is upsetting to see :(

They have all settled again now .... I think I am going to leave them together and set my alarm to keep checking on them. It is going to be a long night x

Good luck.....if its any consolation I slept outside for anight not long ago when two of my bunnies decided to rebond themselves without prior permission!:lol:

Dont give them too much space too soon, i think it depends on the buns, im in my thrid week now bonding my four and we've only just graduated to the 6ft hutch outside!! I did make the mistake of seperating them the first week with bars because i had to go to work and mine were too unsettled at times for me to have the confidence to leave them on the fourth day. I think thats why things have been slower with mine but we're getting there. Have to say its the hardest but most interesting thing ive done.... i thought backing a horse was a big task :shock:

Cheers everyone, Bug & Star are used to the run of the garden and I think were getting a bit fed up of the run so I decided to let them out and all is well :D

Holly & Angel are loving it (they are not used to some much space) and Bug & Star are fine with it all too. I have seen lots of binkies this morning x

I have uploaded some more pictures:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=60672&id=729511050&l=53c4d5bd74

Your bunnies are stunning are they all lionheads?

Back