• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dew Claw Injury

elaine35uk

Warren Scout
Feel like a bad bunny owner now :(. Can anyone advise me? Tilly and Smudge are having Panacur for worming and they really don't like being handled and get really stressed, we try to get them up and dosed as quickly as possible. We've just done todays dose and noticed blood on Tilly's paw when we picked her up (she had her claws trimmed at the vets on Wednesday but there was some bleeding before it was done, probably from trying to avoid having her check up done), whilst cleaning up I've just found what I'm guessing is her dew claw on the floor. She's sat outside cleaning herself now and doesn't appear to be limping or any fresh blood. Am I best seeing how she goes or would it need checking/pain relief?

I think it's ok to just keep an eye on it. sorrel has pulled out her dew claw a couple of times now and didnt seem any the worse for it - she didn't limp or anything, I only noticed because of the blood :shock:

check it to make sure it doesnt get infected but other than that it shouldn't be an issue.

Back