• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

im the worst bunny owner ever

im in to much shock to talk about it at the moment :cry:

all im saying is never leave your buns unsupervised alot can happen in the time their by themselves :cry:

its all ended in an emergancy vet appointment Crystal being kept in and having to go under aneasthetic for stiches :cry:

im in peices i dont know what to do with myself :cry: all this could have been avoided luckily Misty was left with minor wounds :cry: but hes still injured :cry:

I hope they are ok. You too.
Try not to beat yourself up about hun. We all make mistakes, and take risks sometimes. Most of the time we get away with it, sometimes we don't.
Rabbits have a knack of finding trouble as well. We can't watch them every second xx

Oh no :shock::cry:
Lots of vibes for Crystal! I hope she'll be ok!

Accidents do happen sweetie,I'm sure it wasn't really your fault. Don't blame yourself,it will only make things worse.

awwww hunny dont feel bad, whatever it was is an accident.. youd only be a bad bunny mummy if you hadnt discovered the accident until it was too late or worse you knew they was injured and did nothing

you honestly have nothing to beat yourself up over :(

sending loads of vibes xxxxxxxxx

Lots of vibes xxx you are not a bad owner at all, don't think that! Although I do know where you are coming from though as I have felt like you do before. *hugs*

Things can happen VERY quickly where bunnies are concerned! Don't beat yourself up over whatever happened! You sought medical care for them, which makes you a GOOD bunny owner.

Whatever happened, don't be too hard on yourself. You need eyes in the back of your head sometimes with bunnies and you've got them both medical attention; hopefully both buns aren't too badly hurt. xx

I agree with the others. Please don't be so hard on yourself. I don't remember you being ever judgemental of other people here. Sending lots of vibes for Crystal xxxxxxxxx

Whatever happened, don't be too hard on yourself. You need eyes in the back of your head sometimes with bunnies and you've got them both medical attention; hopefully both buns aren't too badly hurt. xx

Totally agree hun - things will look brighter tomorrow. x x

Sending vibes for Crystal. Let us know how she gets on and please try not to torture yourself like this. None of us are perfect x

Don't be so hard on yourself. I don't know what has happened but like the others have said - you've proved yourself to be a good bunny mummy by getting them help

Lots of vibes xx

ok im abit calmer now...

this is what happened i let them both out free range in the garden i left them and went into teh house an hour or so later i went back out to check on them to see that the whole garden was white :shock: i see Crystal huddled in teh corner of teh garden she was covered in blood i picked her up and examined her ears they were torn to peices with holes in them (i know she will now always have these holes) i panic bring her into the house where i examine her more indepth around her body where there was also blood and on her side she had an open wound :cry: which was bleeding seconds later i was on teh phone to the emergancy vet who told me to get her up to my vet practise and they'd meet me there.

I got my sister to grab Misty and check him over he also has a hole in his ear and a few scatches but no wounds anywhere else so i put him into the carrier aswell both rabbits were pretty shook up :(

i dont know what caused them to fight i think it may have been that our next door neighbours rabbit has been out also and they've seen each other through the fence and because Crystal and Misty couldnt fight this other rabbit they fought themselves instead :( although i dont know 100% if that is why they fought :(

Crystal has had her stictches and is awake from teh aneasthetic she hasnt eaten yet if she hasnt soon they will be seringe feeding her.

thankyou for all your lovely words but a girl cant help but feel guilty when she sees her buns covered in blood :cry:

ok im abit calmer now...

this is what happened i let them both out free range in the garden i left them and went into teh house an hour or so later i went back out to check on them to see that the whole garden was white :shock: i see Crystal huddled in teh corner of teh garden she was covered in blood i picked her up and examined her ears they were torn to peices with holes in them (i know she will now always have these holes) i panic bring her into the house where i examine her more indepth around her body where there was also blood and on her side she had an open wound :cry: which was bleeding seconds later i was on teh phone to the emergancy vet who told me to get her up to my vet practise and they'd meet me there.

I got my sister to grab Misty and check him over he also has a hole in his ear and a few scatches but no wounds anywhere else so i put him into the carrier aswell both rabbits were pretty shook up :(

i dont know what caused them to fight i think it may have been that our next door neighbours rabbit has been out also and they've seen each other through the fence and because Crystal and Misty couldnt fight this other rabbit they fought themselves instead :( although i dont know 100% if that is why they fought :(

Crystal has had her stictches and is awake from teh aneasthetic she hasnt eaten yet if she hasnt soon they will be seringe feeding her.

thankyou for all your lovely words but a girl cant help but feel guilty when she sees her buns covered in blood :cry:

awww hunny that could happen to any of us, we cant watch them 24/7 and we all make the decision to pair them up for thier own happiness. really not your fault.

shell be ok and hopefully one day they will forgive and love each other again

lots of hugs to you xxxxx

This will make you feel better hun as something similar happened to me. Years ago I had two buns, Toffee and Minstral, they loved each other and they were my fav buns in the whole wide world. I also had two g.pigs. My sister was coming over with my nephew and he wanted to see the g.pigs cos he loved them so i put them in the bunny's run because it was easier for him to see them and i put the buns in the g.pigs run. Next thing i know, my dad's dogs got out of their kennel (someone hadn't locked it properly) they got at my 2 buns and my poor babies died of shock where my dogs tried to play with them. I was absolutly gutted and i've never been so upset/angry in my life. If i put them in their run they would have been safe. It was a terrible accident which I have learnt from. Doesnt make the pain any easier but these things happen. :cry: don't beat yourself about it hun.

Awww, the poor things. :( I hope they recover soon. It can be so scary to see fur everywhere.

And you did exactly what you needed to do when you found the bunnies like that. We all do things that, in hindsight, we wish we had done differently. Everything is a learning experience, so you're just learning more and more about these complex creatures.

Yesterday, Milo and Eddison had a fight in the morning, yet I left them together for a few more hours, because they were grooming each other and seemed calm. When I came back, they had fought again. I will learn from that, and remember it when I have to make those kinds of decisions again.

Every day is new. All we can do is our very best every day.

Sending vibes for Crystal and Misty. xxx

Back