• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ramp or no ramp?

happypreso

Alpha Buck
Hubby is putting the finishing touches to the 'adapted' shed. We have a bike shed which will have a small perm run attached so the buns are safe at night, then they will all have free range in the garden all day/evening.

Anyway, inside the shed hubby has put in a little shelf so they have another 'layer' and hopefully soon he is going to build another layer (so the will have 3 layers in total). My questions is do they need a ramp to get to the layers or will they be quite happy to jump it. The shelf that is already in, is fairly low and I have seen how high my bunnies can jump!!!

At the moment, 2 of the bunnies are in a double story hutch and they seem to slip rather than 'walk' down the ramp ... hence me asking the question.

Thanks

I've put a ramp to all of the levels in our setup - the lower level ones the buns tend to just jump onto, but I figure at least they've got the ramp if they want it. They ten to use the ramps to get onto the higher levels though (maybe they're a bit too scared to try jumping to those!!) :thumb:

thanks, will go with ramps then like you say at least they have the choice then. I dont think my two older bunnies are scared of jumping - i quite often find them on the top (roof) of the double story hutch they currently have ...

Back