• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi everyone

jackson~rex

New Kit
Hi everyone, im new here. I have two free range bunnies, one is a rex and one is a large Blue bunny not sure if he is a breed or not.

i also have ferrets, rats, cats, dogs, guineas and some ex battery hens.

i live in wigan Lancs.

Id really really love a continental giant, ive had british giants in the past as well as 'difficult bunnies' the last one was last year, a little netherland dwarf i called Little Miss as she had attitude, her owners decided to let her go on a field when she was 5/6 yrs old as they got fed up but my friend caught them and she brought her to me, she was nasty at first but she realy calmed down, sadly i only had her a few months when i got up one day and she was dead.

Jackson i got as a friend to my french lop but they hated each other, jackson is a large bunny and was kept in a 3ft hutch which he could hardly turn round in, sadly my lop died and i heard of a rex desperatly needing a home and it was love at first sight despite both being entire, they are both catsrated now and permanantly attached to each other lol

DSC00024.jpg

Photo-0668.jpg

Photo-0616.jpg

Little_miss.jpg

Little Miss, wish she had been with me longer :-(

Last edited:
oh another wiganer thats great LOL

Why do i feel so excited, there are lots of people in wigan LOL LOL

whereabouts are you? im in Pem/worsley hall.

So your on the other side of wigan, not to far though LOL Went to a christening the other week at the big church on the corner of the main crossroads.

Sorry just seen there is an introduction section, i missed that was to eager to post LOL i talk a lot you may soon notice.

So your on the other side of wigan, not to far though LOL Went to a christening the other week at the big church on the corner of the main crossroads.

Sorry just seen there is an introduction section, i missed that was to eager to post LOL i talk a lot you may soon notice.

lol thats were i got married...your buns are beautiful by the way!!
talk away lol
xx

Thanks everyone, they are beautiful if i do say so LOL

Jackson is the victor meldrew of the rabbit world though and rex is his personal body guard, he chases the dogs and hens away from his beloved jackson lol

Whilst id love a giant im worried about upsetting the balance between them, i dont like them caged so they would have to get on.

ahhhhh that rex is stunning! :love::love::love:

Welcome to the forums :wave:

that rex is stunning isn't it :shock:

I had a continental girl, but I lost her to unforseen circumstances... :cry: I now have two giant papillons waiting to be bonded. If you are on the lookout for a giant, the whole forum, and myself can highly reccomend you look at a rescue centre somewhere, becuase its unfortunate that so many buns are dumped in rescues every year :cry:.

have a look at this, and it will give you a list to a selection of giants available in rescue homes across the country! click!

Welcome to the forum :wave: :D

all my animals are rescued but im worried i may not be approved by a rescue as i have quite a few animals and my rabbits sleep in a thistle hall hutch, no run although i could get one they arnt all that big.

what are pappilions? ive never heard of them.

all my animals are rescued but im worried i may not be approved by a rescue as i have quite a few animals and my rabbits sleep in a thistle hall hutch, no run although i could get one they arnt all that big.

what are pappilions? ive never heard of them.

You could possibly upgrade to a shed for the buns! ;) I think them being free range would favour you alot for a new home though! :D

ooh, and these are giant papillons click! :D

Oh they are gorgeous, are they bigger than continentals?

I dont have room for a shed, I have a ferret sanctuary and have 68 ferrets in avierys/runs so there is no room although im not really doing this anymore excpet for the couple of kits that already have places when they are old enough so i think this would also put rescues off although my bunnys lie down the side of the ferret runs with their body touching the wire, of course ferrets are going frantic and rabbits just go to sleep, if i thought they were distressed by ferrets i woudlnt keep them but rabbit rescues may think different.

Hmmmm...well I couldn't say whether a rescue would accept you or not but it would def. be worth chatting to one about it - if you don't meet their criteria they might be able to suggest some simple ways to do so.

Good luck anyway :wave:

Back