• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

those stick treat things??

louise1

Mama Doe
You can get them in pet shops like PAH ones and vitakraft do them i have always bought them for my guineas and hang them out of reach as my guineas are lazy so it makes them work for a treat and they love them....

Can honey have one as she stole the guineas one the other day and loved it can i buy them for her and are they o.k for them its the ones u clip onto the cage the long stick things lol sorry for the rubbish description...

Mine have one a week between them as a treat, they love them and would eat one a day given the choice :roll: I think they are fine as an occasional treat.

I must admit, I am pretty mean... my bunnies never get any shop bought treats at all! So I don't give them those stick things either.

Vera

I must admit, I am pretty mean... my bunnies never get any shop bought treats at all! So I don't give them those stick things either.

Vera

I am the same....if I want to give them a spcial treat I give them some nice herbs or a strawberry....then i know it's safe for them, and it saves my pennies too ;)

I am the same....if I want to give them a spcial treat I give them some nice herbs or a strawberry....then i know it's safe for them, and it saves my pennies too ;)
Absolutely, I personally don't think that pet shop treats are particularly healthy for any pets, but even less so for a pet like rabbits that have such a sensitive digestive system.
Vera

My dad bought the rabbits a packet of these stick things last night, bless him.

Im just going to give one to them this week and then the other to them next week as a special treat. But like the rest, I dont buy them alot, if not at all tbh.

If she loved it, I wouldnt get it every week but maybe once in a while. I know my two prefer some apple or carrot than shop bought things :D

Vera

Same here.

I used to give the treat sticks thinking I was being a kind owner but I had a few episodes where they stopped eating or were "out of sorts" after :? I didn't understand rabbits' digestive systems at all at that time and now I do I avoid things like that especially if they have high sugar content. It's just far to easy to give them an upset stomach so don't take the risk.

Back