• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A friend for my bunny?

Hello

My bunny is 6 mths old and have been considering getting him a girlfriend. He is currently an indoor bunny. I would like to get a rescue bunny as they are generally always neutered and I feel it would be nice to give a rescue bunny a home. I have seen a few rescue bunnys via this site, however, most rescues specify that a rabbit must have a six foot hutch. I do have an outside hutch but it isn't six foot. This rules me out getting a bunny from a rescue centre which is a shame as I could offer a loving home. My bunny gets lots of time in his run tho and our company during the day and evenings.

My other concern is that if I get a bunny and they don't get on one will have to live indoors and one would be outdoors. We don't have many rescues near me only the RSPCA and they specifiy the rabbit must have a six foot hutch.

your thoughts please?
Thanks
Kerry xxx

Many rescues will do the bonding for you :)

You can get a 6ft x2ft x 2ft hutch with attached 6ft x 4ft x 2ft run for £150 from happy hutch- an online company.

Not knowing much about bunnies I came on here when I had a question, I have been advised to have my female bunny spayed before I put her with my neutured male bunny.

Have you or will you have your male bunny neutured before getting a girlfriend?

It took me a while to find a suitable 6ft hutch. Ryedale do them;) If you do some measuring around your garden, you'll be suprised how little extra space it would take up (if that makes sense!)

My advice would be to have a chat with a rescue (FF's, Starlights, Barc) as they will be happy to advise you in my experience. Chloe/Abi have been great with my endless questions;):evil:)

Back