• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How bad can a day get?/ We lost Flint

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
As you know we have lost two very special girls this morning. We also have Elwood very poorly. For some reason he suddenly stopped being able to eat, he went to the vets this morning and they can find nothing wrong so he now needs a GA first thing monday morning to investigate. In the mean time he is struggling to eat anything, so needs to be syringe feed. It is all very worrying.

Now I have just popped outside for a sit down with the bunnies while Elwoods syringe feed cools down to find our lovely Rex bunny Flint collapsed :( He was fine less than 2 hours ago. He is on one side with fluid coming from his eye, nostril and mouth. His breathing is terrible and his heart is all over the place. we have no idea what has happened. He was only health checked on Monday when he had his myxi. It really doesn't look very good for him :cry:

Last edited:
It's the curse of Martyn jinxing your bunnies!! ;)

Sorry Liz. :( Things are hard when they all go at once. We lost our big old boy at the rescue yesterday :( He just went really flat in the night and had an awful smelling gunk coming from his eye & nose and had to be PTS :(

Sending you a HUGE hug xxx

Oh no, lots of vibes. Have been following your threads about your poor bun girls so really feel for you.

But love and thanks for everything you do for the buns in your care. I am just so sorry that you have to suffer emotionally when you pick up the pieces for the damage that other thoughtless and ignorant people have done.

I know it's really hard when the buns get poorly, but please just focus on the knowledge that your buns have had a few months, or even years, of love and kindness and knowing that they are special, after abuse and neglect.

Those of us who know thank you from the bottom of our hearts and are just so sorry that the good work that you do brings with it such emotional torment.

Love, vibes and prayers.

We are desperately trying to get permission for a closer vet to treat him as we don't think he will make the journey to our normal out of hours vet :( It is all becoming a bit complicated :roll:

Aww I'm so sorry to hear you're not having a great day Liz, I hope your buns are ok.. and so sorry to hear about your two special girls :cry:.

Big love to Elwood xxx

oh god Liz :shock: :cry:
Sending tons and tons of vibes to Flint, I hope he can pull through.
Tons of vibes and snuggles to Ellie too xxxxx

I never thought it was possible to loose 3 rabbits in a week let alone a day :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I don't know what to think or feel

and on top of that we now have a vet bill of £1000 just for the past 6 days :shock: Plus we have 3 in for Ga's at the begining of next week.

Where does it ever end :cry::cry::cry:

Oh no! That's just terrible I'm so sorry :cry: What an awful shock for you :shock:
Binky free Flint xxx

Last edited:
I have just caught up with all this. I am so sorry, Liz. :cry:

I don't know what to say, but I am thinking of you and Steve today, along with all your bunnies.

Binky free, gorgeous buns. I have no doubt you were very happy in your time with Liz, and you are now pain free at the bridge. xxx

Oh poor Flint :cry: Binky free beautiful boy.
Noserubs to Fern. What an awful shock :cry::cry::cry:
I'm so sorry Liz

This has been the most awful few days for a lot of people.

Poor Flint:(

Come on Elwood, you can hang on in there.

Big hug for you Liz:( x

Back