• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding dwarf lops with larger breeds?

LoopyLouie

Wise Old Thumper
What is everyone's experience of this? I am very soon to be left with a single boy bunny and after a while I will definitely be thinking about a lady friend. I was just wondering if I should limit it to a bun of similar size or he could have a larger lady like a French or German lop?

Dwarf lops can easily live happily with larger lop buns like a german lop or french lop - our Toby is a lionhead lop & lives with Charlotte who's a french lop :) They are smitten with each other :love:

There is a pic of them both in the thread that Sally started on little & large buns :)

Good news then :) I fancy getting a big bunny, when the right one comes along. What about the bonding process though? Is it more stressful than normal? I've bonded 3 times, one where they hated each other then grew to be absolutely smitten, one normal one then one easy one.

I have Joey a nethie bonded with BB a frenchie.
Because BB's spay went so disasterously wrong they lived alongside each other for the six months it took for her to recover.
However, the day I took the barrier away it was like they had always been together!

They were the only 2 buns I had then, which is why i chose to bond them, but I wouldn't deliberately choose two drastically different sized buns, just because of the risk of injury if ever the big one landed on top of the little one (although BB has done this many times to Joey, luckily without consequence)

Good news then :) I fancy getting a big bunny, when the right one comes along. What about the bonding process though? Is it more stressful than normal? I've bonded 3 times, one where they hated each other then grew to be absolutely smitten, one normal one then one easy one.

The 2 little & large couples we've had / got have been 2 of the easiest bonds we did :) Both times we had a small male & a giant female :love:

Back