PDA

View Full Version : Can't believe some people..

Michelle666
20-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Ive just got back from the vets. I can not believe what :censored: some people speak!

I went in their with Lou in her dog crate. As usual she gets a lot of attention because of her size (Giant!) One of the nurses who I know helped me into the doctors room. As we passed this women waiting with a cat she turned and said "Arr she's huge, bet she'd make a lovely stew!!!"

I was in shock and so was the nurse, who quickly responded with "NO!"

I can not believe someone would say that to a person, and certainly not in a vets!:evil:

holidayhutch
20-06-2009, 01:06 PM
As much as I wouldn't mean it I'd have been tempted to have replied "No but she does eat a whole cat every day for breakfast" that would have shut her up - stupid woman

Michelle666
20-06-2009, 01:15 PM
As much as I wouldn't mean it I'd have been tempted to have replied "No but she does eat a whole cat every day for breakfast" that would have shut her up - stupid woman

Ohhh that would have been great! Definatly shut the women up!

Fluffie
20-06-2009, 01:22 PM
Omg some people are horribble especially at a vet how could somebody say something like that.
I hope your bunny is ok

Bunnyaddict
20-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Some people make me :censored: mad - insensitive silly cow!!!! :evil:

No wonder you & the nurse were gobsmacked :shock:

Fluffie
20-06-2009, 01:38 PM
What a stupid cow she wouldnt say that about a podgy child in a hospital.
Unless she was a troll which she probly is:lol:

DemiS
20-06-2009, 02:55 PM
You should of said 'Oh well that's strange, my resteraunt dosen't serve rabbit, we do have a lovely cat dish though'

Bavarian Bunny
20-06-2009, 03:16 PM
Yes, I would have just said "And so would your cat! "

I got a bit annoyed at the vet's yesterday, too, at a couple who let their big black Staffie sniff my carrier with my trio in it. As usual, I was too shy and too polite to say anything. :roll:

Michelleox
20-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Sorry but i would have been a bit more basic and given her a two word answer, the second word being 'off'. Stupid woman., especially saying that at the vets:censored:

Jazzy B Bunny
20-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Happens to me all the time :cry::censored:

~ Cat ~
20-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Ive just got back from the vets. I can not believe what :censored: some people speak!

I went in their with Lou in her dog crate. As usual she gets a lot of attention because of her size (Giant!) One of the nurses who I know helped me into the doctors room. As we passed this women waiting with a cat she turned and said "Arr she's huge, bet she'd make a lovely stew!!!"

I was in shock and so was the nurse, who quickly responded with "NO!"

I can not believe someone would say that to a person, and certainly not in a vets!:evil:

I would have replied "Yes, in Thailand your cat would feed loads of people"! I HATE this comment! :censored::censored:

luluhound
20-06-2009, 07:11 PM
some people just don`t think..:evil::evil: poor bun.:shock:

kayj
20-06-2009, 07:21 PM
I get it all the time when people see all my giants, I just turn and say to them now ' I know, they would make a lovely stew but the lopped eared ones are better as their ears don't stick through the crust' They look at me shocked and it shuts them up:D. You will always get people who are insensitive no matter where you are so I always just go along with it and that really takes them a back:D

BunnyBekkie
20-06-2009, 07:28 PM
We get them all the time when we're fundraising and one of us is in the bunny suit. One joke being "Why should you always look for a bunny with an arched back? Keeps the pie crust up" :roll::roll:
My Grandma loves teasing me about making my lot into a curry. I know she's only playing around though. But once I went round and she had her slow cooker out and a recipe book open at "Rabbit Curry". I told her she wasn't funny, and banned her frm playing with Nibbles next time she came round :lol::lol: Nibbles is her fave and is safe from being made into a curry :lol:

Does anyone ever get this one too?
Person: "So, how many bunnies do you have?"
Me: "Five :)"
Person: "Oh, so do you breed them then??"
:censored:

kayj
20-06-2009, 07:35 PM
We get them all the time when we're fundraising and one of us is in the bunny suit. One joke being "Why should you always look for a bunny with an arched back? Keeps the pie crust up" :roll::roll:
My Grandma loves teasing me about making my lot into a curry. I know she's only playing around though. But once I went round and she had her slow cooker out and a recipe book open at "Rabbit Curry". I told her she wasn't funny, and banned her frm playing with Nibbles next time she came round :lol::lol: Nibbles is her fave and is safe from being made into a curry :lol:

Does anyone ever get this one too?
Person: "So, how many bunnies do you have?"
Me: "Five :)"
Person: "Oh, so do you breed them then??"
:censored:

I get that all the time especially when I say I have 27 Giant rabbits of my own and then how ever many rescues I have in at that time:roll:

BunnyBekkie
20-06-2009, 07:37 PM
I get that all the time especially when I say I have 27 Giant rabbits of my own and then how ever many rescues I have in at that time:roll:

Then do you get the "Oh, what from?" :lol::roll:

Lolly's mum
20-06-2009, 08:05 PM
when people make comments about rabbit stew etc, i tell them that i prefer new born babies, easier to catch and no fur to worry about!

Hanlou
20-06-2009, 08:50 PM
I have pet rats.... you can imagine the kind of comments I've received. :(

People can be so ignorant and the some are basically just plain rude!! x

sidereus7
20-06-2009, 09:24 PM
Lots of people tell me that my rabbit would be a great snack for their pet dog/cat/snake etc...

I just like to say things like, "You should see the last cat that tried it. Lucky that :censored: has 9 lives" and I grin. I even have stories to back that statement up. :lol:

rabbit_lover1997
20-06-2009, 11:28 PM
Omg you should have gone your cat would make a nice pie how could any one hurt such a sweet bun

vick
21-06-2009, 12:07 AM
Sorry but i would have been a bit more basic and given her a two word answer, the second word being 'off'. Stupid woman., especially saying that at the vets:censored:

Same here. Bet she thought she was hilarious. Simpleton... :roll:

jackson~rex
21-06-2009, 12:09 AM
Yes some people are so stupid, you think people in vets are animal lovers but sometimes they are the worst.

I have ferrets, rats, hens and problem dogs so i never fail to gte a comment about at least one of them, it really annoys me when my border collie wants to rip all dogs to shreds so i sit him in between my legs, hold his collar oh and he certainly has to be muzzled, so what do people do..... they let thair dog go on a long lead and say' its ok its friendly' erm mines not though as the snarls and muzzle indicate.

Of course when i have a ferret i never fail to meet someone who had one yonks back and was bitten ARGHHH any animal with teeth can bite, my rabbits are more bad tempered than most of my ferrets lol

And the amount of times people comment on eating my ex battery hens, well im not even going there.

Rats are always thought of as wild rats, i do have an agouti but how can people still think such things in this day and age and the thing i love most about rats is their tails.

some people shoudlnt have animals or be allowed out alone !

Right off my soap box now LOL

SunshineandTwinkle
21-06-2009, 08:27 AM
Laugh in their faces! I tell you they hate that! Tell them they are a riot then make something up about the animal they are with!

I was told to just go out and replace Cuzzy when he was poorly by someone with a dog. I said give me your dog then and go and get another! Soon shut up! :lol:

Mentalists!!!!