• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can't believe some people..

Michelle666

Mama Doe
Ive just got back from the vets. I can not believe what :censored: some people speak!

I went in their with Lou in her dog crate. As usual she gets a lot of attention because of her size (Giant!) One of the nurses who I know helped me into the doctors room. As we passed this women waiting with a cat she turned and said "Arr she's huge, bet she'd make a lovely stew!!!"

I was in shock and so was the nurse, who quickly responded with "NO!"

I can not believe someone would say that to a person, and certainly not in a vets!:evil:

As much as I wouldn't mean it I'd have been tempted to have replied "No but she does eat a whole cat every day for breakfast" that would have shut her up - stupid woman

Omg some people are horribble especially at a vet how could somebody say something like that.
I hope your bunny is ok

Some people make me :censored: mad - insensitive silly cow!!!! :evil:

No wonder you & the nurse were gobsmacked :shock:

What a stupid cow she wouldnt say that about a podgy child in a hospital.
Unless she was a troll which she probly is:lol:

You should of said 'Oh well that's strange, my resteraunt dosen't serve rabbit, we do have a lovely cat dish though'

Yes, I would have just said "And so would your cat! "

I got a bit annoyed at the vet's yesterday, too, at a couple who let their big black Staffie sniff my carrier with my trio in it. As usual, I was too shy and too polite to say anything. :roll:

Sorry but i would have been a bit more basic and given her a two word answer, the second word being 'off'. Stupid woman., especially saying that at the vets:censored:

Ive just got back from the vets. I can not believe what :censored: some people speak!

I went in their with Lou in her dog crate. As usual she gets a lot of attention because of her size (Giant!) One of the nurses who I know helped me into the doctors room. As we passed this women waiting with a cat she turned and said "Arr she's huge, bet she'd make a lovely stew!!!"

I was in shock and so was the nurse, who quickly responded with "NO!"

I can not believe someone would say that to a person, and certainly not in a vets!:evil:

I would have replied "Yes, in Thailand your cat would feed loads of people"! I HATE this comment! :censored::censored:

I get it all the time when people see all my giants, I just turn and say to them now ' I know, they would make a lovely stew but the lopped eared ones are better as their ears don't stick through the crust' They look at me shocked and it shuts them up:D. You will always get people who are insensitive no matter where you are so I always just go along with it and that really takes them a back:D

We get them all the time when we're fundraising and one of us is in the bunny suit. One joke being "Why should you always look for a bunny with an arched back? Keeps the pie crust up" :roll::roll:
My Grandma loves teasing me about making my lot into a curry. I know she's only playing around though. But once I went round and she had her slow cooker out and a recipe book open at "Rabbit Curry". I told her she wasn't funny, and banned her frm playing with Nibbles next time she came round :lol::lol: Nibbles is her fave and is safe from being made into a curry :lol:

Does anyone ever get this one too?
Person: "So, how many bunnies do you have?"
Me: "Five :)"
Person: "Oh, so do you breed them then??"
:censored:

We get them all the time when we're fundraising and one of us is in the bunny suit. One joke being "Why should you always look for a bunny with an arched back? Keeps the pie crust up" :roll::roll:
My Grandma loves teasing me about making my lot into a curry. I know she's only playing around though. But once I went round and she had her slow cooker out and a recipe book open at "Rabbit Curry". I told her she wasn't funny, and banned her frm playing with Nibbles next time she came round :lol::lol: Nibbles is her fave and is safe from being made into a curry :lol:

Does anyone ever get this one too?
Person: "So, how many bunnies do you have?"
Me: "Five :)"
Person: "Oh, so do you breed them then??"
:censored:

I get that all the time especially when I say I have 27 Giant rabbits of my own and then how ever many rescues I have in at that time:roll:

when people make comments about rabbit stew etc, i tell them that i prefer new born babies, easier to catch and no fur to worry about!

I have pet rats.... you can imagine the kind of comments I've received. :(

People can be so ignorant and the some are basically just plain rude!! x

Lots of people tell me that my rabbit would be a great snack for their pet dog/cat/snake etc...

I just like to say things like, "You should see the last cat that tried it. Lucky that :censored: has 9 lives" and I grin. I even have stories to back that statement up. :lol:

Back