• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

please help urgent.... UPDATE both bunnies will be ok after there scrap :)

yoshi&gizmo

Alpha Buck
really worried my two bunnies got out and we didn't realise they got into a fight and both have some nasty wounds i am so worried how stupid of me to let this happen i am so worried:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
You need to get them both to the vet incase they need stiching. They will also need some painkiller and antibiotic to stop it getting infected.

phoned the vet they can't see him till 2.10pm but i am still really worried :cry: should i wait till then or pay emergency fees and get them in sooner ?

If the wounds are affecting the eyesn nose or genitals, their breathing is affected, or they are bleeding badly, phone them to say you are coming now as an emergency. Otherwise it should be ok to wait.

they mainly look like gashes and scratches they look wet but no bleeding. Yoshi seems very quiet gizmo is a bit more lively not checked his wounds as much yet. main ones on yoshi are on his ear sides and stomach but he just wants to lay down on me and sleep i feel so guilty don't know what to do. We have booked a taxi to get us to the vets as i am injured myself at moment and on morphine so cant drive but i dont know how serious this is. To be honest i am more worried about him being in shock.

please send vibes for both my boys that neither are too seriously hurt. :cry:

thanks just waiting on the taxi now, yoshi is still very quiet and just wants to snuggle into me :love: but been and checked gizmo and he deffo came off the better from there set to. :shock::shock: he seems more alert althouth still has some war wounds. will update you when we get back from the vets :cry::cry::cry:

Update :) Yoshi & Gizmo Ok

well got them to the vets and turns out gizmo came out of it with a few scatches and a few tufts of fur yanked out so other thanbeing given some sollution to bathe his wounds he is fine:love::love::love:

Yoshi wasn't so lucky he has loads of scratches and a nip on his nose and belly nither too bad but still need bathing but he also has a nasty bite on the inside of his ear apparently right through the cartlidge so they gave his a shot of baytril and told us to bath it 4 times a day.

They said they don't think it was a hatred fight more of a domance fight as the injuries could have been alot worse if they wanted to hurt each other..... but domanence or not it isn't something i am happy to ever see again so i have decided NEVER to attempt to bond my two boys. If i think they are loanly then i will get them a rescue girlfriend each at a later date but for now they can be as they are. They are friendly through the bars to the hutches but i am never risking it again. I was so scared and yoshi is really quiet still wanting lots of cuddles and feeling very sorry for himself. But gizmo is bouncing around like normal :roll:

they are both eatting and drinking so i am very releaved. Thank you all for your vibes and advice. I am just so glad they are ok :love:

Back