• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wet bunny

shelley1977

Warren Scout
I had to wash silver as he managed to get poo on his back :? so i brought him in and gave him a little wash in the bath as the poo was soft and stuck to his fur.I was wondering though how long it will take for his fur to dry,i did dry him of best as possible with towel and he has been cleaning himself but his tail and bottom are still really wet.

Shelley

use a hair dryer on a low heat. this will dry the hear and also warm your bun up as he may of got cold and as its a cold day it will help.

I had to wash my bun the other day and he started to go into shock but he was unwell anyway.

Thanks i did think about the hair dryer,just need to remember where i put it! I thought it best for Silver to stay inside till he was dry.

Shelley

yeah i would keep him in till he is dry and just make sure he doesnt get cold. if he gets cold wrap him in a towl and hold onto him.

Some rabbits love being blow dried! My neighbours nethie was filthy, and I had to bathe him and he just sat still all relaxed with his eyes closed for ages. My rabbit Flash once jumped in a puddle though, and when I turned on the dryer he went mad.

Silver didn't like the dryer so much,its really sunny and warm here now and so he is back in his run to finish drying off .

Back