• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where do you experienced rabbit carers go....

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
to read about the latest thoughts on rabbit care and welfare issues?

Just wondered. I come on here less and less because I find myself sitting here way too long. But, I want to be able to keep up with what the latest research, opinions and news is in the rabbit community, in both professional, and amateur fields.

Would be very happy to get some recommended reading.

Thanks

Helen :D

I suppose Rabbiting On is a main source although I don't get it regularly at the moment as I felt it was getting a bit samey and I wasn't really reading it (however if I could buy it on the newsstand I would be a frequent purchaser!!) I do get the House Rabbit Society quarterly newsletter posted from the States, and that has some really great articles. Their websites are also excellent and contain a lot of information.

Other than that, I read a lot of charity and animal welfare mags including those from the RSPCA (Animal Life), Blue Cross, Dogs Trust (not that it talks about rabbits!), CIWF and BUAV newsletter, as well as articles online. Paws 4 Rescue used to be a great magazine but sadly it no longer exists. Any new and exciting rabbit books that come out tend to go on my shelf too.

Aside from that, attending the RWA Conference in Nott'm was extremely interesting and quite unlike any other conference I have ever been to! I've also been on a behavioural course about rabbits, in Surrey, which was run by a lady who works for the WSPA on animal welfare projects overseas, and is a trained equine behaviourist (you may know who I mean, but I can't remember the company name at the moment). And of course, talking to people both online, and offline too :)

hx

to read about the latest thoughts on rabbit care and welfare issues?

Just wondered. I come on here less and less because I find myself sitting here way too long. But, I want to be able to keep up with what the latest research, opinions and news is in the rabbit community, in both professional, and amateur fields.

Would be very happy to get some recommended reading.

Thanks

Helen :D

I have also been on here less and less! I used to love the forum but find that the day is taken up more and more by my job! :shock::?:D

However, I still find that there is some good support on here. But thank goodness that our bunny buns have been good for a while :D:D

I tend to use a few US sites and use google scholar to snag up to date abstract article details. If they look interesting and they are free, I get the whole thing and will sit and read, I also have access to the college library which is great as they teach Vetmed and train VN's there, so there are some really interesting books. I have also, over the years, bought a fair range in the areas I am interested in and tend to use those as my main 'bibles'.:D

Back