• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not impressed with new vet.

devoted2buns

Mama Doe
Took 3 buns in last night for Mixy jabs. The vet was all over the place. My list of things she did which made me :shock:

1. I had to ask for vaccine cards and when she did them she put that next vaccine was due december 2010 :shock:

2. When she was checking buns teeth, she put them upside down, they scramed her arms and she said "oh thats strange, when they are put on their back they are usually relaxed"

3. I asked if she could get Buffy's showing ring off her back leg, she forgot and then when I reminded her she spent 20 minutes searching for appropiate tools upstairs :roll: when she came back i knew it wasn't going to work and it was stressing Buffy out her trying to do it so I said "dont worry, maybe it will be easier for you to get it off when she comes in for her neuter" so we left it.

4. She wouldnt vaccinate Buffy because she had a little bit of a poohy bottom and told me to seringe feed her some powder she was going to give me. Fine. The powder came "critical care formula" and when I got home on the front it just says "use as directed" Great if she actually told me how much I was supposed to give? Does anyone know?

I wont be seeing her again I don't think.

I'm guessing it was the end of a very long shift for the vet. Maybe she'd been up all night on call.
Critical care formula just need mixing with enough water to make it a syringeable consistancy. I would try seeing is Buffy will lap it before syringing.
If the vet was having a bad day it would be worth just checking it is the critical care for herbivores....;)

Back