• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice needed asap - spay wound!

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
I checked Fudges spay wound and she has made it bleed:( Its not alot of blood but she has knocked her scab (by accident or self inflicted) It will be 2 weeks on tuesday she was spayed so will it be ok or should i get her to the vet?

She has been jumping about her cage the past few days which could have loosend her scab but i can see a little blood where the scab is :(

Adive appreciated:wave:

:(I really need advice soon im leaving for work in 15mins so need to know if its a vet trip?

Oh yeh she is fine, doesnt seem to be bothered by it and is still attacking the cage to get out :roll:

I will clean her cage out so no risk of infection then come back at lunch to check on her if it looks bad i will get her to the vets asap does that sound ok?

Please help:(

ETA: Ive cleaned her cage put fresh blankets and towels and put a towel in her litter (so megazorb dont stick to it) and ive not put hay on the floor just in her hay rack! Shes been given a medium dose of metacam to make sure shes not in pain and ive covered her cage up so she doesnt jump and the cage (when ever i walk past she jumps into her cage and i think thats what has hurt her, oh scab is still there just bleeding unde it)
I do hope thats ok to leave her?

Last edited:
sorry I've just read this.I'm sure it will be fine ,it could just be the scab loosening ready to come off,BUT I had a NIGHTMARE with Daisy's neuter wound so I'd probably say a trip to the vet to get it checked [wouldnt have said an emergency appointment though].Best of luck!!

I came home at lunch time and it had dried up and looked better so i will get her to the vets monday so he can have a look at it!

If hes happy with it will i be able to get her vaccinated? Its just cause ive got Millie and Thumper getting vaccinated then and would be better than 2 trips:oops:

She is happy enough im just abit worried about infection now but i cleaned her cage and gave her new towels and bedding so i hope she will be fine:(

If anything looks wrong i will be straight to the vets:)

Sophie, bit through her stitches two days after her spay any wore a little sock jumper to stop it happening again. I would say after two weeks, it wouldn't be such a worry.

As to the vacc, my vert wouldn't do her at her post spay check up and said to leave it another 4 weeks.

Back