• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Flo won't eat

sam_shinton84

Young Bun
HI all,
Flo has turned her nose up at her food this morning, and if I try to feed her by hand she pushes it away. She doesn't look very happy either and this is totally out of character for her. How long should I leave it before ringing the vets? Please help am very worried, sam.

HI all,
Flo has turned her nose up at her food this morning, and if I try to feed her by hand she pushes it away. She doesn't look very happy either and this is totally out of character for her. How long should I leave it before ringing the vets? Please help am very worried, sam.

I'd call the Vets as soon as you can and get her seen this morning.

Has she poo'd overnight ?

Try offering her some Dandelion leaves.

Best to get her checked by your vet asap.

Meanwhile, can you get her to move around a bit as that can help to get things moving, also as Jane said some extra fluids.

She has started to eat now, she has had parsely, broccoli and her pellets. Shes also had some water. Still waiting for her to poo though. Do you think she still needs to go to the vets or shall we just keep an eye on her?

That is good news.

As she is now eating, get her to move around as this can help stimulate poops. If she is then eating and pooping, you may just want to keep a close eye on her and then take her to the vet if it changes.

I think I would probably take to vet to be on the safe side as it is the weekend and not all vets are open after midday today.

Thank you for your help. She has had a couple of poos, although they are smaller than normal. She is now running around the house so I think she is feeling much better!

Back