• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pit Bull tried to get my rabbits! :evil:

DemiS

Warren Veteran
Someone down out street has a Pit Bull terrier. It was windy and their gate must have blown open. I saw the dog running round, and was going to take it back, but by the time I'd taken my bags inside, the dog had gone. I went upstairs, then heard Flash and Harley thumping. I looked out of the window and the pit bull had its face right up to the cage. Flash kicked loads of bedding into it's eye, and I opened the window and screamed at the dog. It didnt budge so I dashed downstairs and ran out barefoot and had to push the dog away. I really wasn't thinking at the time, I know Pit Bulls are really dangerous, but I just had to get it off my rabbits :evil: :censored: Anyway, I soon calmed down, and put it back in it's garden and shut the gate. Harley and Flash were still thumping for ages.

Someone down out street has a Pit Bull terrier. It was windy and their gate must have blown open. I saw the dog running round, and was going to take it back, but by the time I'd taken my bags inside, the dog had gone. I went upstairs, then heard Flash and Harley thumping. I looked out of the window and the pit bull had its face right up to the cage. Flash kicked loads of bedding into it's eye, and I opened the window and screamed at the dog. It didnt budge so I dashed downstairs and ran out barefoot and had to push the dog away. I really wasn't thinking at the time, I know Pit Bulls are really dangerous, but I just had to get it off my rabbits :evil: :censored: Anyway, I soon calmed down, and put it back in it's garden and shut the gate. Harley and Flash were still thumping for ages.

Are you sure it was a pitbull???? 'you know pitbulls are dangerous':roll:

It is illegal in this country to own a Pit Bull Terrier according to the Dangerous Dogs Act

- so they shouldn't have one and if they do and are so careless about letting it out they are very daft....

I'm sorry your rabbits went through that and hope that they will be ok.

It is illegal in this country to own a Pit Bull Terrier according to the Dangerous Dogs Act

- so they shouldn't have one and if they do and are so careless about letting it out they are very daft....

Which is why i asked:? but then again alot of people ask if mine are pitbulls

Okay rant time... the dogs themselves aren't evil the owners are, I hate that it's illegal to have these dogs now, people will always find a way of using innocent dogs as a weapon, I'm sorry your buns went through this but please don't jump on the band wagon and just blame pitbulls, dogs are only what the owners make them.

Okay rant time... the dogs themselves aren't evil the owners are, I hate that it's illegal to have these dogs now, people will always find a way of using innocent dogs as a weapon, I'm sorry your buns went through this but please don't jump on the band wagon and just blame pitbulls, dogs are only what the owners make them.

I wasn't blaming the dog.......

I was just pointing out the law.... and the fact that if someone *did* have a Pit Bull they would be silly to let it roam freely given the Law!!

As for what I think about large dogs.... I am very firmly of the opinion that you should 'Judge the deed not the breed'. :)

I have nothing personally against Bull Terrier dogs. My best friend when I was young had a wonderful Staffy that I still miss now. He was a wonderful dog.

I was just pointing out the law.... and the fact that if someone *did* have a Pit Bull they would be silly to let it roam freely given the Law!!

As for what I think about large dogs.... I am very firmly of the opinion that you should 'Judge the deed not the breed'. :)

I have nothing personally against Bull Terrier dogs. My best friend when I was young had a wonderful Staffy that I still miss now. He was a wonderful dog.

I know I don't mean you personally I mean all these laws surrounding the dogs sorry should of made that clear

Im glad ur buns are ok
a dog is only as dangerous as its owners have made it.
I had a staffy when i was growing she was the most lovable dog.:love: But some one stole her for dog fighting.
Im sure i knew who it was and years after she was taken im sure i saw her again i went to my dads friends house and im sure it was her there. :cry::cry:
I miss her so much :(

I know what you meant, it's more that the dog has the potential to be verh dangerous and in the attack mode at the rabbits it could have been a dangerous moment to confront it. Sounds like they are irresponsible owners, you should report it as if it is a pitbull there are restrictions that should be put on the dog.

pit bulls are about as dangerous as i am,:lol::lol: and it is hard to tell a pit from other breeds, more likely to get a bite from a collie..:shock::shock:

I know, I have 3 collies and 1 has a very strong herd Instinct, we had pc guy fixing our pc and when he left she went for his ankles (because he was leaving her herd) she is fine with the buns though and so is another one of my collies but the other two dogs will go for them if given the chance, its just Instinct for them and its quite hard to break. When dogs are in hunt mode, they fall on deaf ears and responsible owners must take out measures on their dogs to protect other animals. Secure gates, fencing etc...

Back