• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pets at home adoption bunny

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Just nipped into Pets at home for some fenugreek crunchies for the guys and they have the cutest little girlie bunny in the adoption centre.

She is 12 weeks old and in there as she sneezes alot. Her sign said "I need a special home as I sneeze alot, especialy when being cleaned out (she was kept on sawdust). I am a very friendly girl so a single home would be best where I can get lots of attention".

How I walked out of their without her I will never know.

Just nipped into Pets at home for some fenugreek crunchies for the guys and they have the cutest little girlie bunny in the adoption centre.

She is 12 weeks old and in there as she sneezes alot. Her sign said "I need a special home as I sneeze alot, especialy when being cleaned out (she was kept on sawdust). I am a very friendly girl so a single home would be best where I can get lots of attention".

How I walked out of their without her I will never know.

If she's sneezing, they shouldn't be bedding her down on woodshavings (we don't use sawdust) for starters. Was her nose wet?

I had a similar moment going into mine. They had 4 bunnies in the adoption centre. I could have had all of them, specially a beautiful dwarf lop who could have been a lovely gf for Dillan
Helen xx

If she's sneezing, they shouldn't be bedding her down on woodshavings (we don't use sawdust) for starters. Was her nose wet?

No it didnt look it, she was just sneezing lots.

They also had a sign up about another girly with a runny nose who they say has seen the vets who have said she is fine to be rehomed as long as she is on her own but she was much older.

i went to my local pets at home today and they didnt have any rescue buns but they did have a giant rabbit and some baby buns which were lovely but i dont want to buy one i want to get a rescue one as there are so many in homes.

No it didnt look it, she was just sneezing lots.

They also had a sign up about another girly with a runny nose who they say has seen the vets who have said she is fine to be rehomed as long as she is on her own but she was much older.

If she's still in there next time you go in, can you suggest that they bed down on dust free hay and see if that changes anything? Tbh...if she's persistently sneezing, it could be the start of something else which is a worry.

Why do pets at home always have rabbits in the adoption part with respiratory problems on sawdust !!!!!!:(

Not trying to be pedantic, but we don't use sawdust. It's woodshavings and there is quite a difference. However, I do agree that if there are respiratory issues then woodshavings shouldn't be used.

Not trying to be pedantic, but we don't use sawdust. It's woodshavings and there is quite a difference. However, I do agree that if there are respiratory issues then woodshavings shouldn't be used.

I work in a pet shoptoo and we dont use sawdust but woodshavings and tbh its almost the same thing:? Me and another co-worker sneeze and cough when cleaningthe animals because itsso dusty (but so cheap and thats why they use it:?)

I know there is a difference but whatever sawdust or woodshavings as you said they shouldn't be used

I cant believe they have noticed its worse when they clean her out but havent twigged they shouldnt be using woodshavings.

I cant stop thinking about her now :(

Aaaw, poor thing. There is a similar 1 in my P@H adoption centre too on woodshavings and has a sign to say that he's had snuffles and will always have a wet nose. So sad.

Poor bunny. If she's in there next time you go in perhaps speak to them about what they are keeping her on. I was in my local one the other week and they had a REW rat with headtilt. :(

Poor bunny. If she's in there next time you go in perhaps speak to them about what they are keeping her on. I was in my local one the other week and they had a REW rat with headtilt. :(

Rats can get headtilt, however after treatment if the tilt is still present, they can live with it, as bunnies can.

We had one boy in adoption and he managed to climb all over his Freddy cage no problems.

Back