• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please Help - Fighting Again UPDATE Again =(

sidereus7

Mama Doe
I am so upset and I don't know what to do now. :cry:

About a month ago, I had two friends stay with me for a couple weeks. The bunnies were confined to the bathroom during the nights, and one night, they fought 3 times. Inbetween fighting, they would groom one another. I kept them separate, but where they could see each other for a day, then I let them go back together.

Everything has been great until today. I let them run about the apartment this morning, and I fell back asleep. I woke up and they were pulling fur like crazy, mostly on Milo's part. I had nothing to separate them with, so even I got bit when I put my hands in to intervene.

I held them apart for 10 seconds, and then I fed them both. They ate together fine, then flopped out close to one another.

***What do I do? I have to go to work in an hour, and I don't know whether or not to separate them, as they'll be unsupervised all day.***

Also, I've been planning a bunny palace for them as we're moving to a new apartment in a week, where the bunnies will have their own bedroom. I don't want to have to separate my two best buns. :cry:

Please help.

Last edited:
I forgot. I also am having trouble checking for bite wounds. Last time, Milo and Eddison both got bitten and blood was drawn, but I only saw it on Milo, due to his white fur and location (facial). Eddison had a bite on his back. He won't stay still long for me to comb through all his fur. How do I find any bite wounds?

Two of our bunnies Angel and Gypsy were brilliant when they were babies but as they grew older they started to fight more and in the end we split them up when the fur started to fly.

Two of our bunnies Angel and Gypsy were brilliant when they were babies but as they grew older they started to fight more and in the end we split them up when the fur started to fly.

Eddison is almost 2 years old, and Milo is only about 6 months old. We introduced Milo to Eddison when Milo was 8 weeks old. Milo does seem to be the main fur puller, as it's always Eddison's fur all over the floor. Is it possible he's aggressive as an adult? :cry:

This is exactly what happened to mine. Put them back together, all was fine then the fighting between my boys again. Mine are now separated into a pair and a single bun and the pair are going to their new home this weekend :cry:

Is milo neutered, it sounds hormone related, he's probably trying to mount and eddison is obviously not happy about it..... personally i would split them up for the day if there is no one to supervise.

This is exactly what happened to mine. Put them back together, all was fine then the fighting between my boys again. Mine are now separated into a pair and a single bun and the pair are going to their new home this weekend :cry:

I'm so sorry to hear it. :cry: At least you know the buns will be happy, as I'm sure you've secured them a great home. And the single bunny will no doubt get spoiled to death.

Did your boys snuggle inbetween fights? I think this is what throws me the most. "We're mortal enemies!" "I love you!!" "I'm gonna kill you!" "C'mere, I'll give you a little licky!"

Bunnies are so much joy, but they can also bring so much heartache. :cry:

Is milo neutered, it sounds hormone related, he's probably trying to mount and eddison is obviously not happy about it..... personally i would split them up for the day if there is no one to supervise.

Milo's been neutered for a couple months now. I've never seen him try to mount Eddison since he was neutered. Eddison hasn't pulled barely any fur in these fights. However, Milo tears out quite a bit of Eddison's.

I did end up leaving them together in the bathroom for now, but I'll be checking on them at lunch, and I might try and set up a separate NIC cube, but allow them to see each other. But that does stress them out really badly. :(

I'm so sorry to hear it. :cry: At least you know the buns will be happy, as I'm sure you've secured them a great home. And the single bunny will no doubt get spoiled to death.

Did your boys snuggle inbetween fights? I think this is what throws me the most. "We're mortal enemies!" "I love you!!" "I'm gonna kill you!" "C'mere, I'll give you a little licky!"

Bunnies are so much joy, but they can also bring so much heartache. :cry:

Yes, all 3 snuggled, in fact the female was the one sometimes left out! They groomed, slept next to each other and ate together. That's what made it so hard for me too but when blood was drawn again I knew what needed to be done. I couldn't bear to come home and find one, or two of them badly injured or worse... :(

hmmmm... maybe they are just being typical males :(

Bunny relationships can be complex things. I have a male female pair here that are utterly devoted to each other, put another rabbit near them and they want to tear each other apart!

to be honest if theres no blood and they groom each other i would leave them o it, you will create more stress by splitting them up, from your description they are figuring out who's top bunny, sounds as though Milo wanst t osition but edison isnt quite prepared to just hand it over to him.

hmmmm... maybe they are just being typical males :(

Bunny relationships can be complex things. I have a male female pair here that are utterly devoted to each other, put another rabbit near them and they want to tear each other apart!

I will be getting another female to go with my single bunny boy when the time is right and the right bun comes along. My mixed pairs have always adored each other. I think male/male can work but it can be unpredicatable. Mine we fine for months before the fighting started.

I will be getting another female to go with my single bunny boy when the time is right and the right bun comes along. My mixed pairs have always adored each other. I think male/male can work but it can be unpredictable. Mine we fine for months before the fighting started.

Well, there's a silver lining after all. You get to give a nice female bunny a safe and wonderful home. :) You never know what kind of joy a new rabbit will give you, because they're all just so different.

I agree with what you've said about males, just from my experience with these two. I really have no idea how they will act. Mine also have been fine for months, but there just seem to be these random moments of: I'm bored snuggling, I'm gonna try and shed you instantly. :?

I bonded two males successfully and they were the best of friends... never a fight between them! Unfortunately one had to be pts and I bonded his partner with a female, I haven't really seen a difference in the relationships other than there tends to be more grooming on his part now.

Well, there's a silver lining after all. You get to give a nice female bunny a safe and wonderful home. :) You never know what kind of joy a new rabbit will give you, because they're all just so different.

I agree with what you've said about males, just from my experience with these two. I really have no idea how they will act. Mine also have been fine for months, but there just seem to be these random moments of: I'm bored snuggling, I'm gonna try and shed you instantly. :?

Exactly like mine! Silly bunnies! :lol:

There's no easy solution I'm afraid, and it can lead to some awful decisions having to be made :(

I left them together and decided to check on them when I had my lunch.

I'm on my lunch break now, and there was some fur on the bathroom floor. Thankfully, they are both ok, no major injuries. Eddison has a bite mark and blood on his leg, and I am boiling some salt water now to treat it.

I feel absolutely awful. :cry: I can only have two bunnies, so one of them is going to have to go. I am so heart broken. :cry:

I have separated them for the time being, but they hate being apart. This just kills me.

I'm so sorry, and I can say I know exactly how you feel :( The trouble started with mine when my less dominent (younger) bun decided he wanted to get in the pecking order. I couldn't risk them getting hurt any longer and consequently I'm giving up my fave bun to a new home. It's an awful decision :( Thinking of you x x

So sorry, they both look beautiful and it sounds like you have a very difficult decision to make. Hope you can figure something out.

Back