• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have to pay £10 a week to get rid of rabbit waste!

devoted2buns

Mama Doe
Its absolutly rediculous that we have to find a company to take our rubbish. The council will only take one brown bin away and they wont let me down the tip because I drive a van so I'm stuffed. The good bit about the bin is that I can put anything in it so will come in handy for smashed up hutches, dog poop, etc etc...

most tips (aka recycling centres) won't take rabbit waste anyway, whether you're in a car or van... I have to pay someone to collect mine too.

We can't take ours to the tip either.

we advertise ours on freecycle to allotment owners. It works out quite well, although it is harder to get rid of in winter, and sometimes we get their vegtables in return :)

If you produce a letterhead to the tip and tell them you are a non profitable organisation then you should be able to dump it for free. I had this issue a few weeks ago and rang the council who then in turn phoned the local tip.

If you produce a letterhead to the tip and tell them you are a non profitable organisation then you should be able to dump it for free. I had this issue a few weeks ago and rang the council who then in turn phoned the local tip.

I tried that at mine, but they refuse to take any animal waste for 'health and safety reasons' :roll:

Apparently all human waste is okay, so I'm thinking of pooing in a bin bag and taking it over there :lol:

....not really, only joking! :oops:

Strange you say you can put dog poop in your brown bin..that is the one thing that is NOT allowed in ours

My dustmen are fab and for a packet of biscuits now and then really help!:D

Its absolutly rediculous that we have to find a company to take our rubbish. The council will only take one brown bin away and they wont let me down the tip because I drive a van so I'm stuffed. The good bit about the bin is that I can put anything in it so will come in handy for smashed up hutches, dog poop, etc etc...

have u thought of getting a composter, we our getting one for our buns and guinea pig waste etc think u can get them from the council.:D

Strange you say you can put dog poop in your brown bin..that is the one thing that is NOT allowed in ours

My dustmen are fab and for a packet of biscuits now and then really help!:D

no not in our brown bin but the bin we have paid for from a waste management company. We have phoned the council several times and even had them visit us but they wont help at all. They are hopeless.

I must be lucky, our council takes everything in the bins, including dog waste. I am not sure how they can exclude it as it is not classed as special waste anymore.

Vera

My friend spoke to the council and they said we can take rabbit waste to the tip but not in a van it has to be car so i'm sending a friend up with some bags tomorrow

Back