• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how can i stop ted being so cross at breakfast time

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
i've got used to it now but i still don't think it's healthy the way she gets on at breakfast time, she'll grunt at me if i touch her or step in to put her food in the bowl then she races over to the bowl with ears flat back. she would never bite but would scrab you if you got in the way but she gives plenty of grunts to let you know to get out of the road. can't understand how she's come to be like this as i've never taken food off her. i had thought of putting her pellets into a treat ball but have a feeling it would make her more frustrate. she's just too damn excited over her pellets:lol:. any ideas or people with the same problem?

You're lucky to not get bitten... I have to drop some pellets away from the bowl, and while Fidget is eating them, I give her a fuss, and quickly chuck the rest in the bowl before she lunges and has my fingers off. No idea why she is like this, Daisy never was (although she would go mad for food, just without the teeth!)... but I've just come to accept it as what she does and continue with the ritual of desperately trying to not get my fingers bitten off :lol::lol:.

You could pick up the bowl and fill it on a counter. Then, when Ted hears that and comes over, reach down with a few pellets in your hand. After he eats those, then place the bowl down.

Just an idea, but I have the same problem with Eddison! He grunts if I try to touch him when he eats, so I've been trying to break him too. :?

I would try a treat ball. If she's hyper excited it will wear her out more. If she works it out you can have two so you alternate them and don't have to grab the one she's waiting for you to fill up (you can do the same with a bowl too).

Is she otherwise friendly? You could also skip a bowl altogether if you have time and hand feed. Walk in an ignore her as she goes for the bowl. Wait quietly still ignoring her, when she comes over to investigate hand her the food.

I would try a treat ball. If she's hyper excited it will wear her out more. If she works it out you can have two so you alternate them and don't have to grab the one she's waiting for you to fill up (you can do the same with a bowl too).

Is she otherwise friendly? You could also skip a bowl altogether if you have time and hand feed. Walk in an ignore her as she goes for the bowl. Wait quietly still ignoring her, when she comes over to investigate hand her the food.

hi tamsin, i give her two naturale carrot treats as i enter to distract her then once she hears the pellets going into the bowl she charges up. yeah she would eat out of my hand no problem, i know that if she did went to bite it would be a tiny nip (mighten seem it but i consider this to be considerate of her :lol:) i'll try eating out of the hand this morning here and will get two treat balls and see if how that goes. my main concern is if i ever decided to get ted and ralph bonded then she might attack him at breafast time. other wise ted is friendly, i really wouldn't say she was a nasty bun just excited over here pellets :roll: :lol:

Back