• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone else heard of this….!!! (Worrying)

Hi all,! Was speaking wth my friend late last night and she told me that some testing has been done on on lots of rabbit foods. :shock: Apparently the makers of SS did some testing on other brands from Burges Wagg and Beaphar Care + and they say that the 39% fibre in Excel is illegal and a misleading. :evil: Has anyone spoken to SS or Excel about this?? There is some other stuff about sugar levels too but I was just so shocked to be told that Excel, Wagg and Beaphar rabbit food have been fond to contain some sorts of meat!!! :shock: :censored:
Im just started feeding honey and shandy (my two buns) on the new 39% fibre excel from pets at home, but they don’t have the SS, im worried and thinking about changing. Anyone else herd this??? :(

seems though the 39% fibre claim is missleeding not just me! thought it wos too good 2 b tru! :?
dont know if thres ne connection, but looks loke lots of buns get the runny poo problem with excel - could this be cos of the contamination of the excel with the meet from the dog foods they make?? im really worried bout this, has any1 heard anything bout this yet? :(

I haven't heard of this before. But I have heard a lot about some buns getting a sticky bum and having a certain 'smell' on excell. This was partly the reason why I chose science supreme to give to my bunnies. But I have never heard anything about there being meat in excell.

what sugar content should be in a 'good' rabbit food. Some diets appear to contain sugars - is this ok?? one of my buns (candy) that i lost last year :cry: had problems with her teeth - could this be cos of high sugar?

Oxbow

Hi Polly. I've spoken to a couple of vets, and they have consistently recommended Oxbow pellets for superior nutrition. I've just ordered the 15/23 mix for my new kit and he LOVES them! It's not the cheapest feed on the market, but it seems to be internationally recognised as the best. It's hard to buy in stores here, so I purchase them online.

Take a look at this link for the uk...

https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Foo.../Oxbow.133/?osCsid=p58sopqiv4qs297t04o1e8il76

If you have a growing bunny (under 1 year) or a sick bunny who can't maintain their weight, then the 15/23 mix is the one to use (it uses lucerne hay, which is higher in protein to encourage growth - not suitable for healthy adult bunnies). If your buns are healthy adults, then the Bunny Basics / T is the one to use at is switches to Timothy hay in the pellets.

Good luck!!

Last edited:
Back