• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much pellets?

Depends what breed etc etc. Really a bunny doesnt need pellets at all so very few is far better than too many. I would say no more than a level desertspoonful morn night (our vet said one a day) but loads of hay and big handful of greens and grass if he plays out.

Hi, thanks everyone, it was the one a day that I wasn't too sure about!

I took Holly & Angel for thier check up yesterday (post op) and the vet was chatting about diet etc. She said both bun's were in really good shape but Angel was getting a little too big .... and we were chatting about pellets etc and I know that I do overfeed my bun's (pellets) the vet said a small handful once a day and then lots of hay and grass. That didn't seem much but like what she was saying in the wild they dont get any pellets ....

Anyway, just thought I would double check here as I have reduced their pellets from last night and was wondering if I should top up their empty bowls (but I am going to leave them until tonight). The bunnies all have grass to munch and lots of hay ....

Thanks again everyone x

Depends what breed etc etc. Really a bunny doesnt need pellets at all so very few is far better than too many. I would say no more than a level desertspoonful morn night (our vet said one a day) but loads of hay and big handful of greens and grass if he plays out.

Cheers! All 4 of the rabbits are lionheads. 2 bunnies have free range of the garden from 6am until 10pm/11pm at night and the other 2 have a hutch/run combo so they have access to grass 24/7. All 4 buns have lots of hay in their hutches.

Back