• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi! New Aussie Mini Cashmere lop owner here...

SarahGonzales

Young Bun
Hi everyone! :wave: My name is Sarah - I live in Australia. I bought home my mini cashmere lop kit last night. He's a light orange with a white underside and soft ash on his ears. He's a bit all over the place at the moment - on the down side, he has had a bit of a stress reaction with a light case of the snuffles, and soft droppings - but I'm keeping an eye on this and will take him to the vet if it gets worse. :cry:

On the upside - he's a VERY happy bunny :) Eating lots of hay, drinking from his bottle, loves a cuddle and does gentle tooth grinds when i rub his cheeks. He had a run this morning in the house and threw in a couple of binkys. He is already resting with his feet kicked back behind him in his hutch.

Only one of his parents is cashmere, so i was very happy when his fur grew out long. I had a grooming session with him last night, and he sat very camly on my lap while i gently combed out his fur from root to tip. He was very cute this morning for his first run around. He would hop away from me, get lost, look around for me and come running back - very good sign. He seems to know I'm boss as well, he doesn't struggle or nip and when he comes over for pats he drops his head straight to the ground in submission.

Looking forward to sharing my experiences with all of you!!

Back