• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is the proper name for up ears in bunnies?

martlou

Warren Veteran
Just as it says really. I presume they're not actually called 'uppy ears' :D Does anyone know?

Urm... Uppy eared bunnies? :D :D

I guess it depends... lop ears are lops but then uppy ears can be anything, Dutch are uppy eared :) But some are just mixed breed uppy earred bunnies :) xXx

"Erect-eared" is how I generally see it in textbooks, but I have no idea what the proper term might be! :)

Uppey ears is way better anyways. :p

Thanks. I like 'uppy eared' as well, I just thought I remembered reading a 'proper' name for them, but maybe not. I certainly couldn't find anything on the internet. The reason I'm asking is because a friend told me they were called Rex, whereas I thought this only referred to the type of fur.

What's the proper term for normal ears in a person?

They are rabbit ears, you usually only refer to them as something different if they differ from the norm eg lop.

Back