• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Breed Question

Crazyt123

Alpha Buck
:wave: Hi everyone ok so im still kinda confused on how you classify your Lops like dwarf /mini / holland in the UK or where you live.

Here in the US Holland Lop is the smallest lop breed
weighing 4lbs at the max

and then theirs a Mini Lop (like my boy) and they can wiegh up to and some over 6 and a half pounds

But we dont have any breed classified as a dawrf lop BUt i seen you guys have do have both mini and dawrf.

Also do you guys have holland lops?

Haha, that is confusing. I've heard that mini lops (Uk) have the dwarf gene, and dwarf lops don't. That's even more confusing.

They Should Call Them:
X-Small Lops (Mini - uk, Holland - usa)
Small Lops (Dward - uk, Mini - usa)
Medium Lops (German)
Large Lops (French)
X-Big Eared Lops (English)
And fancy Rare German Lops (Meissner)

Probolem sorted :D

I always thought they were called a dwarf lop because they're small compared to english/french lops. :?

I prefer the Norwegian method:lol:
We have one lop at 1.5-1.9 kgs called the lop dwarf. No mini lop or holland.
Its just Lop dwarf- German- English (although I don't think these are very common)- French

These are the breed standard weights for the lop breeds (i do like the tiny lop giant lop big eared lop idea though!)
Mini lop ideal 3lb4oz, max 3lb8oz
Dwarf Lop ideal 4lb8oz. min 4lb4oz, max 5lb4oz
German Lop Min 6lb8oz, max 8lb8oz
French Lop min 10lbs

Hope that helps
jessy

It's stupid this weight thing. My frenchie cross is fully grown and weighs in at a hefty 2.2kg :lol: The 2 dwarf lops I've had have both been nearer 3kg!!!

Back