• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Referred Aggression?

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
All the buns are currently on my mums drive in hutches and runs.

There all coping OK being near each other except Ben and Ruby. They had a big fight the other day because Tiffany ran through the tunnel in the run. Ben ended up with a tear in his ear :(

They adore each other except seeing another bun/hearing/smelling sets them off chasing and this time resulted in an injury.

Any ideas? Will it go away with time once they get used to it? Or should i move there hutch and get them there own run?

From my own experience I'd say it's unlikely to improve.

One of my boys Jack, is extremely aggressive towards other rabbits. Thanks to Janice we've managed to bond him and they're happy together (despite the fact that he still chases poor Emily for no reason sometimes) but I have to be super careful because if he gets any hint of another bunny he goes mental at Emily. I honestly believe if he'd do some serious damage if another rabbit was in sight for any real length of time :(

Personally I wouldn't want to take the risk of them falling out or there being any serious injuries. If it's at all possible I'd say move them.

From my own experience I'd say it's unlikely to improve.

One of my boys Jack, is extremely aggressive towards other rabbits. Thanks to Janice we've managed to bond him and they're happy together (despite the fact that he still chases poor Emily for no reason sometimes) but I have to be super careful because if he gets any hint of another bunny he goes mental at Emily. I honestly believe if he'd do some serious damage if another rabbit was in sight for any real length of time :(

Personally I wouldn't want to take the risk of them falling out or there being any serious injuries. If it's at all possible I'd say move them.

Thanks for that. I have struggled with some other buns before, but nothing like these two.

I suggested to my mum that we move there hutch round the back and get them there own run, she said give them time it might improve, however thinking back to the other house, we always had to make sure they couldnt see the other buns, so i think your right, its not going to improve.

That happened to us when we fostered a bunny for a few months. We kept him out of sight which was tricky with house buns, but his mere presence really upset our bonded pair. The first time they met him through the bars of his run he was flirting with our female and then when her partner came over they had a scuffle - gave me a right fright! So after that we put up a screen in the garden between the two runs, let them out to run around the lawn separately by taking the other inside first and kept them away from each other totally but eventually it got to the point where as soon as they smelt his scent on the lawn even though they never saw him, they would start fighting. We had to keep them indoors away from the garden until he was rehomed and it had rained a few times! We were very worried for a while it would break the bond long-term but as soon as he was gone they settled right back down to normal.

That happened to us when we fostered a bunny for a few months. We kept him out of sight which was tricky with house buns, but his mere presence really upset our bonded pair. The first time they met him through the bars of his run he was flirting with our female and then when her partner came over they had a scuffle - gave me a right fright! So after that we put up a screen in the garden between the two runs, let them out to run around the lawn separately by taking the other inside first and kept them away from each other totally but eventually it got to the point where as soon as they smelt his scent on the lawn even though they never saw him, they would start fighting. We had to keep them indoors away from the garden until he was rehomed and it had rained a few times! We were very worried for a while it would break the bond long-term but as soon as he was gone they settled right back down to normal.

Thats exactly how they are.
They settle right back down but its hard work and worrying..

I think i will move the hutch round back and get another run :)

Gah thats ashame. I must have very laid back buns then, as my foster hutches are all next to each other and opposite Lottie and George :lol: Ronnie and Lola are loners at the bottom of the garden.

Hope you manage to get it sorted chick :) xXx

My two foster buns can not stand to be near other rabbits and they end up fighting. In the 6 months they have been here this hasn't improved!! They will tolerate other rabbits in the garden, but if they go anywhere near their run all hell breaks loose. I tend to only let them out if everyone else is in. I'm going to put some tarpaulin around the bottom of their run so they can't see the other rabbits :)

My two foster buns can not stand to be near other rabbits and they end up fighting. In the 6 months they have been here this hasn't improved!! They will tolerate other rabbits in the garden, but if they go anywhere near their run all hell breaks loose. I tend to only let them out if everyone else is in. I'm going to put some tarpaulin around the bottom of their run so they can't see the other rabbits :)

Thats a good option, i think i will move there hutch and then try get them another run, that way it will be theres and i wont have to worry about them :)

If it's the sudden movement of a rabbit in the ajoining run that's the main trigger you may find that blocking the view to that side will help.

If it's the sudden movement of a rabbit in the ajoining run that's the main trigger you may find that blocking the view to that side will help.

The run is on its own, there hutch is at the side of it but not in view...:)

I wouldnt put the runs together because of this exact reason..:)

Back