• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What breed is my Bunny ? x

Socks Rocks

New Kit
I honestly have no idea , and I can ' t say I know how to find out :oops: I was hoping that someone on here might know ? ;) Here are some recent pictures of Socks :

971clh.jpg

14ufblu.jpg

2m7dfuh.jpg

2lcojh0.jpg

2nuotx.jpg

2zi1vrc.jpg

21bw2og.jpg

29naxhy.jpg

Thankyou in advance to anyone that can help x

Thankyou ! :D x

I was just thinking she does have both of her ears down in almost every one of thease pictures . . . She does have both of them up and one up , one down alot of the time too . . . Would this rule out Dwarf Lop or . . . ? x

id deffinatly say dwarf lop to a couple of the buns in the past (all have been dwarf lops) were able to lift one ear up sometimes im pretty sure Crystal and misty have aswell at some point.

your buns gorgeous by the way :love:

some are "helicopter" where they can hold them kind of sideways, and age/size and bloodflow also alters how they hold their ears. He may also be a cross so might have some "uppy eared" bunny genes allowing him to hold them up!

lol It ' s ok , I should ' ve mentioned her gender ! :p x

Since you ' ve both said Dwarf Lop then she probably has some Dwarf Lop in her , but I do think ( like Vikki suggested ) that she ' s a cross between a Dwarf Lop and another breed , because her Mum ( who belongs to my friend ) is huge ! :p x

I'd say a dwarf lopx , she looks the same kind of shape as Blue and he is a french x dwarf lop. How much does she weigh?
Love her bum by the way (weird as that may sound!)

I agree with dwarf lop.

For info dwarf is just a name - they aren't actually considered as small buns.

I have a lionhead, dutch, mini rex and harlequin. My dwarf lop is the biggest of the lot.

I agree with dwarf lop.

For info dwarf is just a name - they aren't actually considered as small buns.

I have a lionhead, dutch, mini rex and harlequin. My dwarf lop is the biggest of the lot.

'Dwarf' actually refers the the size of their ears (I think) Dwarf lops ears 'should' come to just below their chin where as other lop breeds have considerably longer ears. I think they should be in the 2.5-3.5 kilo weight range too (please correct me if I'm wrong!)
As far as I'm concerned though....it doesn't really matter what breed they are as long as they are happy and loved. Although I do have a 'thing' for certain breeds :oops:

'Dwarf' actually refers the the size of their ears (I think) Dwarf lops ears 'should' come to just below their chin where as other lop breeds have considerably longer ears. I think they should be in the 2.5-3.5 kilo weight range too (please correct me if I'm wrong!)
As far as I'm concerned though....it doesn't really matter what breed they are as long as they are happy and loved. Although I do have a 'thing' for certain breeds :oops:

What about mini lops then? They are he smallest breed of lops and all mine have their ears longer than their chin:? They all vary in weight too from 1.5 to 2.3kg

What about mini lops then? They are he smallest breed of lops and all mine have their ears longer than their chin:? They all vary in weight too from 1.5 to 2.3kg

Mini does refer to their size. It's all very confusing! As I said though....I don't know for certain.

My Caramel was a dwarf lop and his weight was just over 3kg.

Looking at him he looks like a dwarf lop but i dont know that much about breeds as i have only had dwarfs as a kid and an adult

Back