• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chasing at dinner time

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
Whenever I go out to feed the buns Leo goes crazy and chases poor Lila all round the run. He never does it any other time. When I go out to check on them they both come up to see me but if I have food the chasing starts.

Once I've given them their food it stops and they share really nicely. Bit confused about this.

2 of mine do this aswell :? I dont think theres anything to do to stop it apart from feed seperatly :? xXx

Mine chase each other in circles round my legs. then separating them to feed is a nightmare. Think it's just over excitement.

My two get really excited too, but there is no chasing. I've found it helps to move the food bowl into a more open area, so they don't feel like they're "vying" for a spot. Silly hungry bunnies. :)

my three do it! :D In fact they start doing it when they hear me go in the fridge in the evening or start walking up the stairs.. if i go up to the loo they dont do it but somehow they know its veggie time! :lol::lol: Its usually nala who gets chased by the other 2 but then they all share the food quite happily.. think its just a bit of fun

Alfie would always chase Bubbles at food time too - they would both be downstairs in the run and Alfie would nip Bubbles on the bum until she came up the ramp and then he would follow. :?:? It was always over and forgotten about by the time the food bowl went down - it was just the excitement I think while food was on the way.

They've been indoors for a few days and haven't done it, and also haven't done it now they're in a new aviary type enclosure, so I'm not sure whether it will start up again once they're used to their new home.

Millie does this to charlie, so I started putting one bowl in the top of the hutch for Millie and one down bottom for Charlie. As soon as I go back in the house Charlie goes upstairs and shares with Millie :roll:

Mine used to do it, but now have stopped and they all guzzle round like piggies at a trough!!
Is your bowl big enough for the two of them?

Mine get far too excited about their food. :lol: They jump over each other to get near the door and then they're about falling out of it when I open it. When I manage to get their bowl out and bring it back with their food they grab a bit each and then run around with it in their mouths. They're both mental!

Mine used to do it, but now have stopped and they all guzzle round like piggies at a trough!!
Is your bowl big enough for the two of them?

Its plenty big enough and when I give them their veggies its on a dinner plate!
The chasing stops as soon as the food actually goes in and then they share really well. I think its just excitement on Leo's part.

Back