• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What does this mean

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
Barney was sitting on my lap having lots of nose rubs. After a bit he started looking around and grunted a bit and kicked his back feet does it mean he was unhappy? As none of my others tend to do this.

Mine flick their back feet at me when they are cross with me, if I put them in the garden when they dont want to, or put them in their cage when they dont want to go in.

Lucy has just done it because I stopped brushing her - maybe he was enjoying the attention and was miffed if you stopped for too long?:lol:

The foot flick is a clear message that you have displeased a bun: roughly equivalent to being shown 'the bird'. Mine usually do it after being picked up. I call it the flick off! In this case your bun had probably had enough of being groomed and was saying 'that's enough, now leave me alone' If they follow it with a little head shake that seems to mean they are over it.

Back