• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fostering buns

Rachel89

Mama Doe
how would you get involved and know your suitable?

id loved to do it and have big hutches empty.
love having to help honey its so rewarding seeing them shine

Get in contact with your local rescue and see what their requirements. I believe the fosters need to be in a different place to your own rabbits.

I'd speak to your local rescue or RSPCA. Your accommodation would have to be safe and secure and you'd have to display a good level of knowledge so that if the foster bun/s were poorly you'd know how to spot it, know how to feed a good diet, and possibly know what the rehoming policy is. (Our rescue asks the person fostering the particular rabbit to speak to the potential new owner but this isn't always the case).

We don't have to have accommodation away from our own rabbits, however, this is sensible because when bunnies come in to foster, they might not be vaccinated, they may carry EC, or have other health issues which could impact on your own. You may also be asked to foster unneutered rabbits, which again could cause problems for your own with referred aggression issues. It's a wonderful thing to do, so I'd find a good rescue and go visit them.

Good luck

Helen:D

Last edited:
Back