• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do i do for Arthur

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Pan going to the bridge has left Arthur alone. Arthur is half wild and very timid. He got very down when Iris died and i bonded him with Pan now she has gone he is all alone again. I have Molly here, my 8 year old nethie and whilst she is in good health she is now a house bunny due to a virus she got a few months ago and i don't know how well she would cope going back outside, she's also not the supportive type of bunny and prefers to be supported.
I tried once before to bond Arthur in with my other half wild boys and it ended up with Arthur needing surgery on his leg.
I can't decide if i should try him with Molly or try to find him a new girly friend. i don't want to wait too long as seperation affects Arthur very badly and as he is not big on human contact bringing him in the house isn't an option. He needs a girl friend who will look after him. :(

If you don't think Molly would look after him perhaps see if you can get him a girlfriend.

Last edited:
It sounds like your best option is either bond him with Molly, if she can cope with being outside again, or get him a girlfriend.
Sorry about your loss.

Poor Arthur:cry: If Molly is best off inside (& happy alone) I would probably try a new bun for Arthur. Hope he feels happier soon - & sorry about Pan:cry:

It's never an easy decision I know. :(

Based on what you've said about how Arthur needs somebunny to look after him and how Molly is not very supportive, then maybe they aren't the best combination. I would keep Molly indoors and get Arthur a new friend. :)

I'm in similar situation at min with Pop. He's un-neutered & was living with a spayed girlie (Snap). I think I am gonna have to have him neutered. He's just so tiny. Maybe I could try him with a pair then.:? - I don't really want any more buns at the min - & I'm quarantined anyway for a few weeks.

I'm in similar situation at min with Pop. He's un-neutered & was living with a spayed girlie (Snap). I think I am gonna have to have him neutered. He's just so tiny. Maybe I could try him with a pair then.:? - I don't really want any more buns at the min - & I'm quarantined anyway for a few weeks.

Hmm it's very tricky. I didn't want to end up in the situation where i would need to get another bun just to keep one going etc etc. I do have Eva and Ron, Ron could come into the house and Live with Molly and arthur could live with Eva but this would mean splitting up Eva and Ron and i don't think Arthur would bond into there little pair as a three. Oh i don't know what to do...

Are there any rescues out there with a suitable strong monded girly bun???

If Molly is happy on her own & wouldn't do so well outside, I think I would go with the option if possible of finding Arthur a new girlie & leave Eva & Ron as a couple.

It's so hard because I know what you mean about needing to get another bun to keep another one going :(

I have to admit for Lexie I sliced Fiver out of a trio so that I didn't need to get another bunny (as I can't until September if at all) but he was the 'outcast' and was with them just so he could have company, it was convenient. He didn't do well in the trio so all in all it's worked out quite well as I would ahve struggled with what to do otherwise.

It's hard when you end up in this cycle of trying to keep bunnies constantly paired up as you either draw the line somewhere or just keep going 'til the bitter end.

Are you trying to let your numbers drop at the moment?

Are you trying to let your numbers drop at the moment?

it sounds awful but yes i am. I used to have 26 and i am now down to 17, my buns are ageing and i want to be able to provide for them as best i can in there old age. Eva has severe arthritis, Ron is 8 and other than a weepy eye is in good health, Molly is 8 and in good health, Plum is 6 this year and has EC, Bootz is 6 and has snuffles on her chest, Reuben is 4 and has a bit of a weepy eye as well. the rest age from Winston as the youngest not even a year old to Max at 5, i have more 4 year olds than anything else. Ron would probably cope wuite well in the house and Eva would be the strong sort of bunnie Arthur needs, moving them this way would alos mean that Arthur gains a pen in the shed and Reuben and Plum can move in to Pan and Arthurs hutchs and run combo in the shed and Ron and Molly in the house, BUT this means splitting Ron and Eva for no good reason, even Arthur happyieness, to me is not a good enough reason to split to well bonded bunnies. I just do not know what to do, I doubt that Arthur will cope very well on his own, and his run is near other buns but he can't see them.

How old is Arthur? If you get one could you get one a similar age? I have the same thing here with most of my buns being 3-6 years old. I won't take any youngsters on now. At the moment I am trundling on ok, but if the all hit old-age health problems at the same time, it will be very hard.

How old is Arthur? If you get one could you get one a similar age? I have the same thing here with most of my buns being 3-6 years old. I won't take any youngsters on now. At the moment I am trundling on ok, but if the all hit old-age health problems at the same time, it will be very hard.

Arthur is 4 somebun around his age would be fine, i'm quite prepared for alot of my buns to hit old age at the same time.

Ali and me have had a chat about it and we've both agrees that the best thing for Arthur is to find him a new girlfriend. So we're on the look out for a dominant girly bun

Back