• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poop

Hello,

My bunny is 10 weeks only, i have had her for just over a week. I have a corner litter tray but she doesnt use it all the time, she's pooping everywhere!

I have put hay in there to encourage her but she still likes to go to the toilet all around her hutch .... any tips? :)

x x x

Just a guess but she might be marking her territory if you've only had her a week. Leo and Lila did this when I first adopted them but after a couple of weeks they decided where they were going to poop so I put the litter tray there for them. Did have to sweep out a lot of poops every day though!:roll:

Also she is very young. I think litter training is supposed to be easier after they have been spayed.

Just a guess but she might be marking her territory if you've only had her a week. Leo and Lila did this when I first adopted them but after a couple of weeks they decided where they were going to poop so I put the litter tray there for them. Did have to sweep out a lot of poops every day though!:roll:

Also she is very young. I think litter training is supposed to be easier after they have been spayed.

Ditto

Thanks for all the replies! I can't see where she's weeing, maybe her wee's are too tiny at the moment.... I will continue to remove the million poops in her cage until she has grasped the litter tray! :D

I will try to figure out how to post pictures!

x x x

Back