• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cross breeds

Rachie

Mama Doe
My girlie bun is a cross breed (and a very pretty one too :D ) I keep looking at her and just wondering what breeds she has in her.

I'll have a moment of convincing myself she definately has a certain breed in her then see a picture of one and realise she actually looks nothing like that :lol:

I don't really care, its more of curiousity thing. Does anyone else do this? I need lots of people to say yes so I feel less stoopid ;)

Lol I know all mine are lionheads so never really came up lol I get like that with my male piggie toby though he's a cross between abyssian and another breed he's gorgeous though:love:

Wesley is a cross breed I think is a dwarf lop x but his nose is too long for a proper dwarf lop so I keep wondering what he is crossed with. Sometimes I think its a rex.

Most of mine are one breed or another or I know their exact crosses, so it has never worried me. Two years ago however, I adopted a little bunny that was just your bog standard smallish/mediumish uppy eared bunny... No idea what breeds are in him, so I guess he would be a Heinz 57 if he was a dog. :lol:

Vera

Pickle is a Dutch X (or he could just be mismarked)
Toffee is a Lionhead X Angora
Ghostie is... I have no idea... but she is most certainly a beautiful little creature and she has marking called 'Sealpoint'

Two years ago however, I adopted a little bunny that was just your bog standard smallish/mediumish uppy eared bunny... No idea what breeds are in him, so I guess he would be a Heinz 57 if he was a dog. :lol:

Vera

I think thats what she is, I don't think she's a definitive this breed x by that breed, more lots and lots of breeds. Quite like trying to guess which bits she has in her though :)

Charlie's a lionhead lop, and he just looks like a tufty idiot :lol: :love:He's bloody gorgeous though

I know my eldest is half nethie half lop dwarf. Since I knew her parents and they were those breeds (though a bit large)

Cloud however I'm not so sure of. He's definitely lionhead since he has the mane, his ears also fall occasionally which lead me to believe he's got lop dwarf in him too. other more experienced breeders have said he's likely more lop than lionhead, since his body-type is almost just like a lop, although his face is a bit longer and the ears a bit too stiff (due to lionhead-genes I guess, but there might be more XD)

Flash is a dutch cross, his spots all stop in a straight line, and he has no black markings where the white would be on a dutch. He also is the same shape and stuff as a show quality dutch. Plus, some of his siblings had a white triangle on their nose, so I'm pretty sure.

Harley is about 80%, with upright ears. He looks a lot like a wildie.

I love guessing at breeds :D Do you have a picture?

I wonder this about Peter too. I would love to know what he's a mix of. Just for curiousities sake.

Leo and Lila are lionhead, rex and belgian hare crosses and absolutely gorgeous!

Here's a pic of Peter if anyone wants a guess!:lol:
April2009056.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

my first bun was a cross breed, and he was an english spot cross nethie. He was TINY but had the most stunning BLUE spots ever. He was a very handsome rabbit ;)

Yes im like that with Dill.Had dwarf lops in the past that looked nothing like him.He weighs more than a dwarf should but looks smaller than mine were.His ears are really short & he has long legs[well compared to B who is a frenchy with very stubby legs]He is a Harli in colour.Not the foggyest what he could be crossed with,apart from a lop of some description:lol:

I've got four who are some sort of mix. :lol: The only one I'm sure of is Barney being a dutch, but the rest...

Amber is a lionhead x - not sure what she's crossed /with/.
Hazel was listed on FreeAds as a Holland Lop, but she's really not one. She's quite large.
Amber is Hazel's baby.. and a total mix.
Aaand Edgar is a dutch x lionhead. He's got dutch markings - mostly - but a fuzzy head and ears. :lol:

Back