• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dylan wont let me groom him.

Dylans_Mam

Warren Scout
Hi everyone.

Dylan doesn't like being groomed any more, he has never loved it but he used to sit long enough every day for me to do what i needed to do. Now, he just runs away, he will not sit still, not even for his favorite treats. Im managing to keep the easy to get to areas nice but i can't get to his chest, its starting to get matted now :cry:, i feel awful, i dont know what to do. Does anyone have any tips? I cant pick him up, he just goes nuts, i get scratched to bits and he gets really stressed out (im trying to work on this). Any advice would be really appreciated, i don't want my little man to be full of tats.

Thanks.

Charlie's the same, he HATES being groomed but he has thick fur and moults like mad :? So it really needs to be done but it's one hell of a battle

Charlie's the same, he HATES being groomed but he has thick fur and moults like mad :? So it really needs to be done but it's one hell of a battle

Dylan has a serious moult, he sheds his whole cote of fur. His fur is really thick to and about 2-3 inches long, little tinkers aren't they, grr. :lol:

Rambaldi (Lionhead) hates to be picked up and shakes all the way through being groomed. It is so stressful for both of us that I only do it once a fortnight. I make up for not grooming him everyday by trimming his skirt, mane and most importantly around his bum and belly. I have had him since October and so far no matting ever! (I use a brush and a comb when grooming.)

What really is weird though is that despite being terrified he still licks me and takes food from my fingers! :D It never ever gets any easier picking him up though and the scratches last from one session to the next...:roll:

Emma

I always take mine somewhere they don't feel safe so they sit still for longer!

If you need me to give you a hand I'll come over. You just need to be more confident at handling him...and wear long sleeved tops.:lol:

I always take mine somewhere they don't feel safe so they sit still for longer!

If you need me to give you a hand I'll come over. You just need to be more confident at handling him...and wear long sleeved tops.:lol:

Hey,

I know, i don't mind getting scratched, i just worry he will get hurt :(. And he really does fall out with me for weeks if i pick him up, he takes the huff with me, hehe. I will keep trying my best, i will let you know if i need some help. :wave:

Mine usually end up sitting on my knee on the toilet :oops:

Or the kitchen bench on a towel!!

:lol: Charlie wont stay sat on my knee unless he wants his ears rubbing :roll:
He needs grooming loads now, I can't believe how much he can moult :shock:

Eddison is much the same. I try to do it right when I feed him, as that's the only time he'll stay still, but that really annoys him.

Best I can do is lots of little grooming throughout the day. I pet his head constantly as I'm doing it, and this seems to help a little too. I find most of the hair is near his back end, so I focus my efforts there.

Good luck!

Back