• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with fund raising, pick your brains!?!?

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
Hi Guys,

Just want to say thanks to all those who have volunteered for Chorlton Park on the 11th July.

Also would like to pick the brains of those experienced with stall fundraising. Elaine, said that I can take her stock( keyrings etc), but I was wondering what else I could orgainse.

We have a comp, involving balloons, with fab prizes. Also thought of a word search competition, or a colouring competition for the kids.

I was thinking of taking some Jewellery to sell and thinking of making bunnie biccies as well as cakes and bickies for the humans too.

Do you take real rabbits along? I was thinking of taking Charlie and Autumn with me. But thought it might get a bit warm/rainy for them. So I thought of doing a display with what rabbits need, enjoy, amount of space etc ideal set ups.

I would really appreciate any feed back you can give, I have never done something like this and would like to make a success of it.

I went to a rescue fundraiser a while back and they did lucky dips for dogs and cats i.e. you would get a toy or something for your dog and cat. Could you do that for rabbits.

Willows balls or something cheap and charge a £1.00 for each go. Pampered piggies have lots of willow toys at reasonable prices and hay cakes you could split them up into individual cookies. I'll have a little look and see what else would be cheap. Have you emailed any companies asking for donations of bunny related things. A notice board with ideas of indoor and outdoor setups is a great idea and a feeding guide. Could you get some leaflets from the Rabbit Welfare Association to hand out also.

When I went to an animal fundraiser they had a jewellery stall so I think selling your jewellery is a good idea, cake stall, raffle, and they had a notice board of animals available for adoption.

Last edited:
Could try writing to some rabbit companies to get some free stuff - I remember reading that it worked for Kris at Starlights.

I have already tried, Even Simon at Simply K9! got some great stuff from Scratch and Newton, 6 cool pads and 6 water covers! and 4, 2.5 bags of Premium food from Wagg, and some prizes from Burns, dunno what as they only replied yesterday.

So I have more than expected, which is always good!

You could always sell plants to, like veggies,herbs and flowers.It's a pity i didn't live nearer as i have loads of extra plants and i would love to help out.:(

Back