• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

got a new bunny :(

Rachel89

Mama Doe
my friend rang me up on sunday asking if i could have another rabbit. she just gave me an address and said go whenever we could.
went not knoeing what to expect, old man answered the door. turns out that they had taken over 20 away for neglect from him. but left him with a mother and a litter as he had met the needs for them. there was only one left and couldnt leave her at all.
shes a yellow dutch, he said shes 7weeks but not too sure. shes like a stick :‘( and were not too sure shes going to make it. the vets coming to us as we dont really want to travel her again as she had an extreamly long journey to mine.
please keep your fingers crossed for honey as shes now named

how sad! :( poor thing, i suppose it would be too much to think he still had and you managed to get mum as well what with her being under 8 weeks? i hope little one pulls through xx

the mum had gone and so had the siblings otherwise i would of come back with them all :)

never mind :( still i hope that they also have found caring homes and i hope your little one makes it all paws in this house(and thats a lot....24 i think!! are crossed for you xx

Awww well just think that you have him/her now and can help to get it better. Just be aware that it might not be the age he says it is and therefore might need a close eye kept on it to make sure its eating properly :D good luck x

Lots of vibes for the little bunny. :( I fostered a Dutch family a while ago, and one of the babies was very small and thin, and we were worried about her. But she made it and was rehomed to live with another Dutch boy. So hopefully your little one willpull through, too.

shes still very weak but shes been taking all the milk well so a slow and foward steps which is good so far. shes not shaking as much when you go near but think its goinh to be a while before she trusts.
my nans ringing later to see if she can get any info on the others and her mum. if i ring i know ill get upset :(

I was just about to do a big update on them :D

Honey is doing brilliant, Shes actually just been to the vet at 2 and had a check over and her first vacc. Vet was very impressed with her, shes perfect weight and is so healthy for what she had been through. I have a pic I will add it at the end although I need to get some more.
She loves licking me and nose rubs, she comes running to the hutch door whenever she hears me coming and follows me around everywere and if Im not paying attention she climbs up my legs.

We found her mum and one of her siblings who had been bought by someone else and they had no clue so kept them in a carrycase for a week.
We went and picked them up.
Sadly her sibling was way to poorly and sadly passed away and we had to have her mum pts last week as she had alot of health issues :cry:

5168_106316502153_604257153_2779047_4579661_n.jpg

5168_106316512153_604257153_2779048_1724437_n.jpg

aw what a honey, she is gorgeous, so sad about her mum and sibling. at least this special girl is in good hands.

I was just about to do a big update on them :D

Honey is doing brilliant, Shes actually just been to the vet at 2 and had a check over and her first vacc. Vet was very impressed with her, shes perfect weight and is so healthy for what she had been through. I have a pic I will add it at the end although I need to get some more.
She loves licking me and nose rubs, she comes running to the hutch door whenever she hears me coming and follows me around everywere and if Im not paying attention she climbs up my legs.

We found her mum and one of her siblings who had been bought by someone else and they had no clue so kept them in a carrycase for a week.
We went and picked them up.
Sadly her sibling was way to poorly and sadly passed away and we had to have her mum pts last week as she had alot of health issues :cry:

5168_106316502153_604257153_2779047_4579661_n.jpg

5168_106316512153_604257153_2779048_1724437_n.jpg

beautiful girl:love: well done you for doing so well with her:) sorry to hear about the others tho:(

Sheery special, shes my little girl shes slightly deaf though but thats her only downfall, shes so lucky thats it considering what she went through.

Yeap its such a shame about faith and hope (as I named them), but I'm so glad I was able to help a little in the final days they had. I was really sad as felt I had let them down but now I see it as I gave them some happyness and releif I guess.

Hopefully once Blues had his little friend seen to I can bond him and honey together as Blue is so laid back and they have there play areas in the garden next to each other and he is very gentle through the little gaps to her.

aww bless her, she is gorgeous! I love the front on picture!

I am so sorry to hear about mum and sibling, but you did the best you could, and it sounds like you have done amazingly xxx

Back