• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

poor teddy tats

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
poor teddy just seems to be getting her mane in tats, she must be over grooming. so sat and combed them out last night and she didn't once complain nor nip me, so it must have pulling her skin. loads of hair came out too. don't want to pull all her mane out but if i don't get the tats out they'll only get worse. anyone else noticing this with their lionheads?

Yes...one of mine is looking more like Dougal the Dog than a lionhead bunny even though he's groomed daily. :roll: He is losing his baby fur still, though...a bit late but he's getting there. The doe (who's younger) never had the same sort of fluff as he did so she's fine apart from a few areas around her face which are a bit of a pain right now.

Yes Ernie has had a few matted bits recently and I have had to cut them out, as he hates me touching his head! Hated doing it, but didn't want it to get worse.
I have to groom him "on the move" or when he's eating.:lol::lol:
Eric surprisingly enough will tolerate it.:)

I clip my double maned lionheads.. don't really think it's fair to leave them to groom themselves when they have so much fur!! it's an impossible task for them!

yeah teddy just seem to appreciate getting it combed out bless her wee heart. :love: glad she's not the only one though, must be because of molting thats shes wetting her fur too much then it's tangling up.

Back