• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Plz help! Elder - safe or not? Pics added

Tinsel

Wise Old Thumper
Have two huge elder weeds growing in the front - thought they were dahlias and left them. They haven't flowered so are they safe for buns? Will try to post a pic soon to double-check they're what I think they are...

Last edited:
Managed to get some pics...

Picture722-1.jpg

Picture720.jpg

Picture721-1.jpg

Picture723.jpg

I've read they can eat it before it flowers but not the bark but am really confused - is it actually elder anyway? There's loads and the buns would love it but I don't want to make them ill! :shock:

Elder = poisonous

Bunny should avoid it though, most do. In saying that i knew a bunny that ate daffodils and died!

Elder = poisonous

Bunny should avoid it though, most do. In saying that i knew a bunny that ate daffodils and died!

Thank you!! I wouldn't trust my lot to leave arsenic alone if it was green and had leaves on it... It will be going straight in the dustbin! (or recycling thingie; you know what I mean...)

Back